What's new

Extreme self-experiment

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Today I felt the God of War is with me and tried to shave myself with a professional surgical scalpel.

And....

Nothing.

What happened is I simply tilted it the way a razor tilts the blades at a certain angle, put it against my face and tried to move it. It didn't move. It was too sharp to move. Then I decided to do another experiment. I tried to "shave" harder materials like leather, then wood, then plastic, then aluminum. Still zero. Only when I reached a material that was grainy, the scalpel started to "shave" the tiny grains. It reminded me when an industrial knife maker, a buddy of mine, that was also producing highly advanced materials for the Israeli aircraft industries, showed me one of his cutter-jacks made from a "high speed" type of steel actually removing an extremely thin layer of steel off a rod made of regular STAINLESS STEEL.

Today I felt the God of War is with me and tried to shave myself with a professional surgical scalpel.

And....

Nothing.

What happened is I simply tilted it the way a razor tilts the blades at a certain angle, put it against my face and tried to move it. It didn't move. It was too sharp to move. Then I decided to do another experiment. I tried to "shave" harder materials like leather, then wood, then plastic, then aluminum. Still zero. Only when I reached a material that was grainy, the scalpel started to "shave" the tiny grains. It reminded me when an industrial knife maker, a buddy of mine, that was also producing highly advanced materials for the Israeli aircraft industries, showed me one of his cutter-jacks made from a "high speed" type of steel actually removing an extremely thin layer of steel off a rod made of regular STAINLESS STEEL.
Scalpel blades prioritize extreme sharpness for precise cuts, while razor blades prioritize a smooth, comfortable shave with a durable edge. The different purposes and materials used result in these variations in edge geometry, finish, and lifespan.

A scalpel is primarily used for surgical incisions, requiring precision and the ability to cut through tissue cleanly. Scalpel blades often have a slightly rougher edge finish, which can aid in gripping and cutting through tissue. Some surgeons even prefer "blunt" scalpels for specific procedures.

A Razor Blade is designed for shaving hair, prioritizing a smooth, comfortable cut on the skin's surface. Razor blades are meticulously honed to a polished, smooth finish to minimize friction and irritation during shaving

(roughness of the edges of the scalpel more likely the reason it wouldn't move - friction)

Top Bottom