What's new

Respectable Albums You May Not Have Listened To Yet

Shaving is a relatively new part of my life. Music, however, has been with me from the start. While many of the music buffs here probably have collections far superior to my own, I like to think I have at least a passable taste in tunes. Since joining I have been reading and following the Classic Album Discussion threads with much interest. Some of those albums are new to me, some are not, but all are worthy of "classic album" designation.

What has occurred to me is that the "classic album" designation is not usually immediately donned upon a record at it's initial pressing, it is gained over much time and appreciation. While my musical interests may be different than many others, I thought start a thread on more recent albums, less critically acclaimed albums, you may not have listened to yet. This is not a response to or a competitor to the Classic Album Discussion, merely my attempts to share a bit of my non-shaving passion with B&B.

As a preface and guide as to whether or not you can immediately dismiss my suggestions: I'm a twenty year old college junior, I play and collect electric and acoustic guitars, as well as bass, drums, harmonica, and piano. Many of these albums are particular favorites of mine to listen to while shaving when talk radio isn't doing it for me.

If there's too much of this type of discussion already, someone kindly notify me via PM and we can take it down. That said, the first respectable album you may not have listened to yet is:

City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love

proxy.php

Original Album Cover

proxy.php

Special Limited Edition Cover

Bring Me Your Love is the sophomore release from Dallas Green (guitarist and singer from Canadian post-hardcore band Alexisonfire) under the name City and Colour. This album is a collection of folk-oriented songs that are both passionate and introspective, utilizing instruments such as acoustic guitar, mandolin, banjo, harmonica, bass, drums and piano.

Tracklist:
  1. Forgive Me
  2. Confessions
  3. The Death of Me
  4. Body In a Box
  5. Sleeping Sickness (featuring Gordon Downie)
  6. What Makes a Man?
  7. Waiting...
  8. Constant Knot
  9. Against the Grain
  10. The Girl
  11. Sensible Heart
  12. As Much as I Ever Could
  13. I Don't Need to Know

My favorite songs on this album are "What Makes a Man," "Sleeping Sickness," and the non-shaving related "Against the Grain." Song samples and full album downloads for the original version and limited edition are available here, and here, respectively. Additionally, videos of Dallas Green performing acoustic versions of several songs off of Bring Me Your Love can be found on YouTube here. Hopefully someone out there finds this agreeable to their tastes :thumbup1: Thanks B&B!

<If there's too much of this type of discussion already, someone kindly notify me via PM and we can take it down.>

In my view, there is not enough of this kind of discussion! I just do not keep up with music as much as I would like to and obscure gems are always a treat!

here are albums I've never sat down and listened to beginning-to-end.

Laugh if you must.

The Beatles - THE WHITE ALBUM.

Bob Dylan - BLOOD ON THE TRACKS

The Rolling Stones - EXILE ON MAIN STREET

Bruce Springsteen - BORN TO RUN or NEVADA

The Who - TOMMY or WHO'S NEXT

But now I don't think this is what you're looking for.

I now see what your point is. I will contribute shortly, as I have a rather extensive
list of albums that I'd suggest as being "important" that many have probably never heard.

carry on.

Top Bottom