What's new

Recommendations for razors that are similar to the razorock game changer .84 please?

As the title says I’m looking for a razor similar to the GC .84 solid bar, the GC is the best razor I’ve used so I’d like to gift the recipient (DE newbie but a surgeon so should adapt quickly) the GC but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an option to import it to the UK from Italian barber.

Any recommendations for similar razors are welcome, thanks in advance.

A Karve CB in a C plate (see plate specs below) is very similar and is a fine razor in my experience, albeit a head that is a little bulkier than the GC. They both were very comfortable to use, but the Karve required a shallower angle.

The geometry of each plate is as follows:
  • AA - gap = 0.47mm / exposure = negative 0.07mm
  • A - gap = 0.60mm / exposure = negative 0.02mm
  • B - gap = 0.73mm / exposure = zero
  • C - gap = 0.85mm / exposure = positive 0.09mm
  • D - gap = 0.98mm / exposure = positive 0.13mm
  • E - gap = 1.10mm / exposure = positive 0.17mm
  • F - gap = 1.23mm / exposure = positive 0.22mm
  • G - gap = 1.36mm / exposure = positive 0.25mm

Last edited:
the GC but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an option to import it to the UK from Italian barber
Why not source the GC from Europe then? It’s available at Rasoigoodfellas. Price may look steep but if you were to import from Italian Barber you would end up with more or less the same price.

Guido

@VicMackey ...Why don't you purchase it from Italian Barber and then send it to him? I'm sure he would appreciate the extra effort. Seems simple, but not immediate. IDK, just a thought?

b/r

ON_1

Top Bottom