What's new

Recommend Evil Smelling Fragrances

looking for recommendations from experienced frag-heads for "evil" type fragrances - interpret evil however you may. not a bad smell, but an evil smell. the first thing that comes to my mind is an uncommon, dark, smoky, woody, musky type scent ;maybe some herbs and if theres any fruit it would be stone fruit. but thats just one idea about what this descriptor would entail, y'know something a sharp but working class villain would wear.

Barrister and Mann - Hallows
Some may describe the scent as "chocolate covered rot".

From the B&M website:
Taking inspiration from the swamps and churchyards of the city, we combine vetiver, oakmoss, black pepper, cocoa, labdanum, and cedar to produce a deep, cold scent suited to the chilly, bitter days of late October. Gloomy, rich, and perversely elegant, Hallows is a reminder of why men once feared the dark.

Smells like Band-Aids . . . which is kind of an evil thing to perpetrate on a cologne consumer.

Seriously? To me, it smells like (and looks like) wet cement. Haha

I get vetiver with cypress, musk, damp earth and some type of wood. Suitable for a cool night in October or November with rain in the forecast. Lonely, sombre. Reading Edgar Allan Poe stories.

Band-aids and cement? You guys are joking, I hope. :confused1

Maybe my nose is wired differently...

Last edited:
Nocturne (Zingari Mann/B&M). The label indicates "apple, leaves, woodsmoke." Off the puck I get a heavy dose of yeast, musty cheese, and woodsmoke. Lathering it up releases a very faint apple smell.

I get vetiver with cypress, musk, damp earth and some type of wood. Suitable for a cool night in October or November with rain in the forecast. Lonely, sombre. Reading Edgar Allan Poe stories.

That sounds wonderful. Pour me a pint.

Lots of folks are ecstatic over Encre Noire; it can be a bit polarizing, though. I do think you gave a good answer here for a spook scent, as this fragrance has been described as what Count Dracula (or Chocula) would wear.

If it's any consolation, I do kind of like Encre Noire Sport.

If it's any consolation, I do kind of like Encre Noire Sport.

The Sport is actually the one I ended up with after sampling some of the others, since it seemed more versatile. It's a lighter version with a grapefruit+bergamot top end. I like the vetiver in it. It seems to last longer, too. I would not call this a Sport fragrance, though, so the name doesn't quite fit. I'm having trouble imagining Edgar Allan Poe in a tracksuit.

Encre Noire by Lalique is not exactly evil, but very dark, like walking through a forest at night. There are others in the same line, called Sport and Extreme, but the original version is darker than those.
I would agree with Encre Noir, but a very similar and even more evil fragrance is Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Le Parfum. It is also a cedar bomb. Just the smallest spray of Le Male Le Parfum will kill your whole street and the toxicity lingers for longer than an anthrax outbreak. I sprayed it on my wrist once, in 2021, and it still smells the same as when it was fresh. My wife has been sleeping in a different room ever since, because these strong cedar scents cause her nasal passage to block and she cannot breathe at all. I wish I was exaggerating.

Incidentally, if you like this type of cedar / pencil shaving scent then Chanel Sycomore (Les Exclusifs collection) is easily the best one I’ve found.

A29C0738-8C1B-4DA6-BF0C-A2EDD12EB206.jpeg

Top Bottom