What's new

Recently closed eBay razor auction, what happened?

V

VR6ofpain

Rick, not really and I have seen them go for higher than that. Right now the early open combs like the RT/Senators, the Sheratons, and a few others are at a premium. That razor would have gone MUCH higher if it had not had the TTO defect I can assure you.

I bought my Senator for $16.50 shipped. I just picked up an Adjustable Aristocrat (gold Slim) in decent shape, for $21. Before that I got an un-adjustable Aristocrat in pretty good shape for a BIN of $19.99, though I think the eBay "deals" are going away. People who actually do BIN now put huge prices on them. Those that don't have BIN get bid too the moon as seen in the last two auctions. I am not seeing anything that goes 'under the radar' though...obviously though it may be going so under the radar that I am not finding it either!

V

VR6ofpain

Guess I got lucky tonight Gabe. Competition was stiff to be sure. :eek:

That $16.50 Senator was a steal BTW!!
Wait, one of those was you? Did you win the Sheraton or President? High stakes bidding! :thumbup1:

V

VR6ofpain

Post pics when you get it, looks to be a collectors item for sure.

I got an RT for $11 plus shipping a little over a month ago.

Can somebody explain the Fatboys to me? I've seen prices between $10.50 and $30. Why the spread?

Rick

Seems someone took notice of this Sheraton! It jumpped over $30 in the last ~30 seconds!

Went for $51 at closing. Pretty high considering it may be broken:
"I cannot seem to get it open ,the screw mechanisim totally unscrews"

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I set what I thought was a pretty reasonable snipe on that one and got blown out of the water....

Scott that one surprised me. I wouldn't have gone that high on one that may be potentially damaged beyond repair. I was willing to go $25 tops but once I saw it move beyond that I decided to pass.

You were more generous than I. When it left the $9.99 opener it was above my snipe. I thought I might be able to fix it. It was a very pretty specimen.

Top Bottom