What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

He quickly responded via email and I quote, "we are not in the business of holding hands - we polish / plate razors and we stand behind our work. we cannot give you updates every single day. you will get your razor as soon as we get it from the platers. please do not contact us again until you get your razor back."

That response is priceless. I consider a paying customer to be the boss/supervisor in relation to a business. I wouldn't dare saying to my boss or commanding officer, "Sir, stop asking me to hold your hand. I can't give you updates every single day. I'll get it done as soon as I get it done. Don't ask again until I'm done."

If I said that, I'd be packing up my desk or be subject to UCMJ action.

It's good to see vendors that treat their customers right thrive and prosper...

It also does my heart good to see disreputable vendors such as Razor Emporium, harvest the rewards of their inattention to ethical business practices and disrespect for their customers, and indeed moral values in general.

This thread has given me faith that my own unpalatable dealings with one of the principals at Razor Emporium was not in vain, and that everyone gets their just due in the end.. Either positive, or negative as in this case.

The question of replating comes up quite frequently in the Safety Razor forum. Perhaps this already exists, but I think a sticky discussing the replating process and what to expect would be a helpful service to our forum members. This sticky could possibly list vendors that provide a replating and/or refurbishing service, and more importantly could have links to reviews of these vendors. Do we have something like this in place?

The question of replating comes up quite frequently in the Safety Razor forum. Perhaps this already exists, but I think a sticky discussing the replating process and what to expect would be a helpful service to our forum members. This sticky could possibly list vendors that provide a replating and/or refurbishing service, and more importantly could have links to reviews of these vendors. Do we have something like this in place?

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Razor_Replating

Hope this helps.

-jim

I posted in that thread and will repeat it here:

I don't think anyone should refer to them as RE or Raz/empor. I think everyone should refer to them as Razor Emporium...it will make it clear to every member here who they should never even consider doing business with, avoid potentially dragging the other vendors through the mud, and, perhaps most importantly, will help identify this terrible place on Google searches and the like.

I agree with this 101%...

Our reputation should follow us, or even preceed us... Whether good or bad! Consumers have little enough power in the marketplace, and bad vendors should pay a steep price for their misdeeds!

I posted in that thread and will repeat it here:

I don't think anyone should refer to them as RE or Raz/empor. I think everyone should refer to them as Razor Emporium...it will make it clear to every member here who they should never even consider doing business with, avoid potentially dragging the other vendors through the mud, and, perhaps most importantly, will help identify this terrible place on Google searches and the like.

Great point! We should all make sure we say Razor Emporium.

Sadly, the arrogance for RE only begins here. The co-owner, Sebastian Sandersius, asked me in an email, and I quote, "Please don't bring your business to us again." This apparently after he discovered this posting here at B&B. The other co-owner, Matt Pisarcik, apologized for Sandersius' comment. However, being a bit skeptical I can't help but think "good cop, bad cop." While I can't steer anyone away from doing business with Razor Emporium. I can say that I did report them to the Better Business Bureau and had they not returned my razor, I would have filed a complaint against them for fraud with the Arizona State Attorney General. I will never do business with either of the owners or the business again. Razor Emporium is definitely on my "black list."

Congratulations on your new purchases! :)

Edit:

The company Razor Emporium was using to plate the threads on the head of my razor (this was the problem to be fixed since they didn't do it the first time) failed to fully re-plate the threads. They plated the outside level of the threads, but the plating didn't penetrate deep into the the threads, leaving them un-plated and susceptible to corrosion. I am now going to have to consider sending my razor out to another company who can do the job right, i.e. plate right into the interior of the threads and not just the exterior.

I am terribly sorry to hear this - what a disappointment. It always shocks me how short sighted some folks can be. This was an outstanding opportunity for the vendor to step up and shine, and really show the community how much they care about their customers... who according to AACJ's missive make a tremendous amount of money from their business (hope all of that is being reported as taxable income), no doubt partially field by members of this community.

FYI - this thread shows up on the first page in the google search "Razor Emporium"

Joel, I think I'll google it and click on so it keeps it's top rating.

BTW, they have a great website, and could have had a great business.

In answer to the OP question, yes. I purchased a President that was sold in good faith to me by a member on here. Within a month or so the plating had come off the underside of the blade plate (figure that one out !!), both blade guards and was falling off in chunks off the handle. Monies were refunded after a very public battle on another forum. But for me the damage was done, so its off to Dave when I get the cash to be plated in Rhodium.
They are not welcome on that forum either............Bill run away from them as fast as you can.........

Don't do it. I am still trying to get refunded on a "Bait and switch" from them. Bought a revamped razor from their website for $95.25 total, and they sent me a different razor then the one displayed (for sale) on their website. I had to have PayPal get involved and three weeks later still don't have my money refunded.
And it could of been so easy and smooth if only they were honest and sent me the razor I purchased. Like I have been told by these fine folks here...run run, far far away.

1) Have you used Razor Emporium to restore and re-plate your razor? Yes

2) Were you satisfied with their restoration and re-plating work? No

I just got a red tip back a couple of days ago. It looks great, but it's way too aggressive for me to shave with. It worked great when I sent it in and was one of my favorite shavers. It was just getting old and some of the plating was wearing off. Now, it looks stunning but I can't really shave with it. Whatever they did must have affected the blade gap. I can't really tell by looking at it but I sure can feel it when I try to shave with it. It's the most aggressive razor I have right now.

I wish you the best but I sent them a 59 Fatboy about a month ago and emailed the form instead of sending with package.. I called about a week ago and guess what they said oh its been sold by accident.. Still working on a solution with Matt I do give the guy some credit he said he would send me a replated one but I sent him one with case and all.. I was pretty upset but guess I was lucky that I bought it to shave not collect..Good Luck and Best wishes Im sure it will turn out ok

Yep it happened and I had to get a hold of Matt because she almost made it seem like it was my fault because I didn't send the form in with my fatboy with the case.. So he finally called and yes it was SOLD... I have no clue how something like this happens all my info was on the darn box why not just call me?? He called and said he was sorry and did offer to send me a replacement Im just glad that this was not something I had paid alot for.. Im a very calm person but I run a business as well and just cant understand how this could happen.

So I finally received my Aristocrat today after having sent it for replating to the Razor Emporium. After I had sent it, I discussed it with others on the forum and learned that this particular vendor was banned from this website: click here. I had sent it on Nov 27, 2012. The plating job came out great but I really don't think it was worth the wait. There wasn't much of a hassle as others have experienced. Maybe I was lucky. I most likely won't be using them again for any future plating. I bought this razor for $12 and it wasn't an heirloom, but, it is mechanically perfect and I liked the way it shaved. So there was a little anxiety after hearing about other members who have had issues with R.E. Anyway, here's a few photos of the finished product, replated in gold, (I don't have any before pics but it wasn't in bad shape except for gold plate loss):

$20130219_114631.jpg $20130219_115006.jpg $20130219_115300.jpg

Top Bottom