What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

I've been following this thread from the beginning and have held out on posting because the 1st thought that came to mind when first reading here was, does this problem for the OP actually surprise anyone? In my 2+ yrs since getting my 1st DE razor it would seem that every couple months there is a new thread about a problem with RE and how he won't return calls or emails!! Just look at the debacle with the flagship razor, how many iterations of the Ambassador has he made now? I think he's on the 4th or 5th now and its been just barely over a year
since the 1st one shipped!! Again, is it really a surprise to anyone that he doesn't have even marginal customer service???

I purchased a minty Schick adjustable injector from Razor Emporium a year ago. It has become my daily driver, and I am very happy with the purchase. JM

No my first mistake was not paying attention to former complaints that have been posted by them.
Again if they had communicated to me that there was an issue that I could not get out on time. They never issued a tracking number or even processed the order. If the order had been processed and dropped with the mail I would not be blaming them. I know the mail can mess up. Again even if they had alerted me that it could take a few days to process, I would not have an issue.

They had 6 days to alert me. That is enough time I could have covered it with something else.
Emails and voice mails that go unanswered do not help make them look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps but I still would never never had much faith in a delivery date of the 24th. Considering how insane retail and shipping can be during the holiday season, youre just asking for it to get screwed up along the way. Thats why I never would have cut it that close and trusted an estimated delivery date. Hey, lesson learned though, right? Its just a shame you had to learn it in such a crummy way.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Perhaps but I still would never never had much faith in a delivery date of the 24th. Considering how insane retail and shipping can be during the holiday season, youre just asking for it to get screwed up along the way. Thats why I never would have cut it that close and trusted an estimated delivery date. Hey, lesson learned though, right? Its just a shame you had to learn it in such a crummy way.

If I've understood this thread, he paid a premium to get what he wanted before Christmas. He not only didn't get it, but he was totally left hanging. No nothing from the vendor. If the vendor knew he couldn't deliver he had at least a few options.
  • Don't offer what can't be delivered.
  • Don't sell what you don't have the ability or interest in providing.
  • If there are likely to be delays or glitches be informative.
  • If things are iffy in any way give the customer some options as soon as you know of the problem.
As I see it the customer wasn't just asking for it to get screwed up along the way. Instead, the customer was paying a premium because the vendor said doing so would result in satisfaction.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems clear enough to me. The customer shouldn't have trusted this vendor The vendor is not trustworthy.

In any case, it's not the end of the world.

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If I've understood this thread, he paid a premium to get what he wanted before Christmas. He not only didn't get it, but he was totally left hanging. No nothing from the vendor. If the vendor knew he couldn't deliver he had at least a few options.
  • If things are iffy in any way give the customer some options as soon as you know of the problem.
As I see it the customer wasn't just asking for it to get screwed up along the way. Instead, the customer was paying a premium because the vendor said doing so would result in satisfaction.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems clear enough to me. The customer shouldn't have trusted this vendor The vendor is not trustworthy.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Excellent restraint/edit.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Oh, Im not saying that RE is without blame and certainly could have handled it better or perhaps could have handled it at all. I still wouldnt have waited until the last minute. That would be like lets say you have a 20 minute commute to work, so every day you leave for work 22 minutes early. Then, one day theres a wreck and you are late. Is it really your fault that youre late? Nope but when you cut things so close, youre asking to get your heart broken. Even still, you wouldnt blame someone for being upset when their plans get ruined through no fault of their own.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bottom line: he PAID to have it get to him ON HIS TIME. No way is it his fault. Vendor did not fulfill contract.

If I've understood this thread, he paid a premium to get what he wanted before Christmas. He not only didn't get it, but he was totally left hanging.
You understood it exactly as most of us did!!
Nail on the head right here!!
Oh, Im not saying that RE is without blame and certainly could have handled it better or perhaps could have handled it at all. I still wouldnt have waited until the last minute.
You keep saying this but 6 days is hardly waiting till the last minute!! Express delivery is "usually" an overnight or 2 day service for most vendors but its only obvious that is not the case here...

Cracks me up how many people blame the op for a business charging extra for a delivery date and not fulfilling it. Much less not answering emails about it. Ha. The business sounds like a sham to me. Thanks for telling us.

Matt the guy in videos/ owner actually answered the phone the few times i called, and answered my emails in a timely manner....

First of all.....
I feel sorry for the dude, he didn't get his razor stuff.
That being said.....
:001_302:
Really? I can't believe people have so many opinions about an order that was placed and didn't arrive as planned.
In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big of a deal?
Im not trying to belittle anyone's comments..... I just find it amazing
:001_302::001_302::001_302:
All the best every one, keep up the good work...

Last edited:
Your experience was unfortunate. Ordering anything around Christmas is always a bit of a gamble regardless of their delivery commitment. I can say, however, my experience with RE has always been very positive.

I think "The Big Deal" here is that Razor Emporium have implied that they are virtuosos of the wet shaving world; not only with their restorations but with their high end vintage offerings. To hear that they have made a lot of mistakes in customer service is something we should probably be talking about. They're all over YouTube. A lot of people are going to be thinking about spending their money there.

First of all.....
That being said.....
Really? I can't believe people have so many opinions about an order that was placed and didn't arrive as planned.
You have to look at the history of this guy here. It makes more sense after that.

First of all.....
That being said.....
I think its a big deal, he paid for a product up front, was told he would receive it by the 24th. No contact from the shipper, also you can't believe so many opinions well this is a forum that's what is done on a forum.
Also I see that even you have an opinion on this subject.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Matt the guy in videos/ owner actually answered the phone the few times i called, and answered my emails in a timely manner....
Really?!
A newly registered member claims Matt and RE are the best service on the Universe?!
In a few consequent post?!
Good try! :a14:

Imagine many if us have been here long enough to have a better impression of RE!

@muzichead

To give everyone an update on the matter.

I heard from Matt yesterday and he rectified the matter as best he could considering the occasion had come and gone.
He returned my email, recognized that the opportunity was missed and refunded me the shipping charges. His explanation was that the FedEX had been delayed getting the item to them before they could turn around and ship it out to me.
I expressed that it if this issue was communicated to me in a timely matter. I would have understood and been able to adjust how I would give the gift. He apologized for the lack of communication.

So I don't look completely like a winning ninny. The importance of the gift was on the 18th I had learned my Nephew had just been cleared as cancer free. I was psyched for him and wanted to get him something special. There were other vendors I could have gone to but RE was the one I went with. On the 24th I had to scramble to get a replacement gift. I am just going to keep the original for myself because I can always use something else shave related.

Was this the end of the world? No, but with my calls and emails going unanswered and not sure if I was getting a package I felt bringing it to The Forums might be the way to get my message out there.

As we speak I just got an email stating that my item has a tracking number created and being shipped.

Top Bottom