What's new

Razor Emporium and Poor Service - READ POST 43

I heard about Razor Emporium from others here at Badger and Blade and read good stuff about them. So I decided to give them a shot and have them restore my Gillette "New" Comb razor for me. Here is what happened with my razor and how Razor Emporium had an opportunity to turn a bad experience around for me, their customer, but blew it.

On November 16th I purchased a "Razor Revamp" and I sent my razor to Razor Emporium. The next day, after sending my razor, I called and talked with Matt Pisarcik who works at Razor Emporium and we talked about upgrading my order from Chrome plating to Gold Plating. I did the upgrade and immediately paid the difference via PayPal.

On December 23rd I finally received my razor. To my amazement the razor was not Gold plated, but was chromed. Furthermore, the original handle for my razor was replaced with a different style handle and the threads on the head of the razor were bare... no plating on them whatsoever. I called Matt, we discussed the issue and he asked that I send the razor back so that it could be fixed. He also said he would refund the shipping cost to send it back. I also decided to stick with the chrome and asked for a refund for the difference. Matt refunded my money.

On January 3rd Matt Pisarcik emailed me and let me know that he received the faulty razor and that they would correct their mistakes and have the razor back to me in "two weeks." It is now February 6th and I still don't have my razor!

I contacted these guys on January 13th, after not hearing anything about my razor, for an update. All I got was "crickets" and so I called Matt and left him a message on his phone FOUR days later he responded through email that they should be getting my razor back from plating (apparently they do NOT plate their own razors but send the out to other companies for plating) that week and would ship it out. I wait ten more days... I hear nothing back from the company and so email them on January 23rd asking for an update and asking where the refund for my shipping is. The next day I hear back from "Tiffany" who informs me that my razor was plated and will be "ship ready" that afternoon at which time they will ship out the razor.

I didn't receive an email that the razor had shipped, so the next day (01/25) I email asking if the razor shipped and if I could have a tracking number. "Tiffany" responded on 01/26 "Your razor should be ship-ready later today and I will update you when it is sent, thanks." The day passed by and I received no update. The next day I sent another query asking if the razor shipped and I am told "I will do everything in my power to see that it is shipped asap."

I give "Tiffany" three days to get this razor which I was told was "ship ready" on Tuesday, January 24, and having not heard back I decided to email asking for some follow up. Low and behold I get an email from Matt Pisarcik that I should give him a call, on my dime no less, to get an update. I call Matt only to find to my dismay that my razor was NOT in fact ship ready, but that the plating company they send out their razors to for chrome had put a silver color paint on the threads! Matt wanted to know if I wanted it that way, or he could swap out the head of the razor with one that was plated in Palladium! Of course, my answer was "no!" and I told them they needed to fix this problem ASAP and to ship my razor. Matt promised that he would give me a call on Monday, January 30th, with an update either way. I have never received that call from Matt!

I still don't have my razor. I have been promised several times now that my razor is "ship ready" and that it will ship, but I don't have the razor. I complained about this issue and was told by Matt Pisarcik in an email that nothing has changed with my razor and that I was to be refunded the amount I paid to have the plating done and they would ship my razor out. I was told this three days ago and I still don't see a refund coming through PayPal (that is how I paid for the service), I still don't see a shipping notice. So, I called Sebastian today, the owner, and got his voice-mail. I left a message asking for an update and voiced my dissatisfaction with his company's service. I told him he could respond via phone or email. He quickly responded via email and I quote, "we are not in the business of holding hands - we polish / plate razors and we stand behind our work. we cannot give you updates every single day. you will get your razor as soon as we get it from the platers. please do not contact us again until you get your razor back."

I have been promised several times over now that my razor was ready to go only to find out that was not true. Furthermore, I hardly asked for updates daily, but if I had, then am I to believe that the owner of Razor Emporium is unwilling to go the extra mile with a customer demanding daily updates, and provide them? You mean to tell me that I am asking for too much after this company has screwed up so much??

I will not send Razor Emporium another razor again. I truly regret ever using this company. I have never been so poorly treated by a company, with the exception of the cable company but Razor Emporium is almost in a dead heat tie with them!

The intent of this all is to hopefully get Razor Emporium's attention about their very poor customer service. They did a horrible job with me, but maybe they will deeply consider their mistakes here and work hard at rectifying them so this doesn't happen again for another customer. With the economy as bad as it is, one would think a company would value their customers, no matter how difficult they think the customer may be. One would think that is the case. Not in my experience with Razor Emporium.

Like I said, I still don't have my razor and with the run around this company has been giving to me. It is starting to look like that I am out both my razor and my money. We will see.

**** UPDATE: (02-08-2012 4:14 PM PDT) As I stipulated in my earlier update I would add to it if I received a mail tracking number. I have in fact received that number and it appears that my razor is in transit via USPS. So good news. I have my refund and my razor on the way. Unless of course the shipping box is empty! I hope not! :)

A couple notes worth mentioning. First, I have to give due credit to Mr. Matt Pisarcik for working at trying to make this horrible ordeal better. He called me last night and we discussed some of the challenges he is facing. His company fumbled the ball, as it were, but he recovered it to his credit. Although, he didn't make a touch down. Please forgive the football metaphor.

What he did tell me is that his company will not be using the vendor they sent my razor out to for plating. That is good news. However, what Razor Emporium ought to do is let prospective customers know, right up front, that they don't do any plating at all. I think that will help them in explaining any delays that occur in their service.

Unless I don't actually get my razor back, I won't provide a further update. As it stand, I forgive Razor Emporium their horrible service and I am thankful that things are working out better than I had hoped.

***UPDATE: (02-8-2012 8:00 AM PDT) After a phone conversation with Matt Pisarcik last night he promised to refund my money and ship the razor back. He refunded the money last night through PayPal! That is good! He promised to ship the razor first thing this morning and email the tracking number to me. I still haven't heard from Matt with the tracking number, but once I receive a confirmable number, I will provide a new update.

***UPDATE: Read post number 43
I shared some of your experience. Since I live locally, I went to the "shop." It took me half a tank of gas to find it, as there is no signage or a proper shop entrance. After calling several times (and waiting about half hour) a live person answered and I was let in through a back door. I left my vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable for a tune-up, paid $42.24 up front, and was promised a service within 5-7 business days. The guy in the shop said I could monitor the progress of the service. Which I did. And there was none. I called the owner Matt Pisarcik and asked for an update. He could not locate the razor at first, but called me back later that day saying they found it. He promised it would be ready the next day. I drove to the "shop" the next day, and had to call Matt (yet again!) to have somebody open the "bunker door." Matt gave me a number to call. I did, no answer. So I called Matt again asking to be let in. There was another customer waiting outside with me. As we waited, we commiserated about our experience with Razor Emporium. We would have waited a lot longer if it hadn't been for a guy from a next-door business who let us in. He rolled his eyes complaining that lots of Razor Emporium customers had to go through his shop, given the lack of responsiveness of Razor Emporium staff. So, finally, I was in the Razor Emporium "shop." I got to inspect my razor. To my disappointment, it opened in the same way -- unevenly. Moreover, when I turned the bottom part, it squeaked as it did before the "service." The shop guy called Matt and reported the situation. Matt suggested I left the razor for another service. At that point I really had enough, so I declined. The only satisfaction was that I was offered a refund, which I took.

So I ordered an important gift from Razor Emporium on December 18 and paid for express delivery that claimed it would reach me by the 24th.

The item has been sitting in “awaiting fulfillment ever since. Let’s just say I am not getting this important gift to give. I have called and there is no word back from them. I am truly disappointed with their service. At least if you do not have an item in stock. Man up and Inform that customer so that person can make another choice. Maybe I would have chosen something different from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you are disappointed the item did not arrive on time. However, I am reminded of an old saying "Procrastination on your part does not make it an emergency on my part". If you absolutely needed the item to arrive before Christmas, you should not have waited until a week before Christmas before ordering. I know that may sound harsh, but that is the reality of the marketplace at this time of the year. Most shaving vendors are small companies with limited staff. If they are inundated with orders, they do not have the resources to respond.

In case you think I am covering for the vendor, I am not. The only relationship I have with the vendor is that I have successfully placed two orders with them and had the items delivered in a reasonable period of time. However, I did not order during the Christmas rush. I did place several shaving related orders, but they were entered in late November or early December.

When I was seriously getting into wet shaving I watched a lot of their YouTube videos and thought about being a few things from them. But honestly the only reviews I seem to see about them aren't positive. It's made me look elsewhere. The way I feel is if you paid for it to be there by the 24th and they guaranteed you delivery by then, it doesn't matter if you procrastinated or not. You paid for delivery by a certain date and they failed in informing you of anything.

The way I feel is if you paid for it to be there by the 24th and they guaranteed you delivery by then, it doesn't matter if you procrastinated or not. You paid for delivery by a certain date and they failed in informing you of anything.

Totally agree with this. While ordering earlier could have prevented missing the 24th, if they said it would be delivered by then and it wasn't, it's on them. If they failed to notify you it wouldn't be delivered as contracted, then it's doubly on them.

When I was seriously getting into wet shaving I watched a lot of their YouTube videos and thought about being a few things from them. But honestly the only reviews I seem to see about them aren't positive. It's made me look elsewhere. The way I feel is if you paid for it to be there by the 24th and they guaranteed you delivery by then, it doesn't matter if you procrastinated or not. You paid for delivery by a certain date and they failed in informing you of anything.

I find myself falling in line with comment. It’s a business decision on both parts. Paying for last-minute shipping is the penalty or privilege of the buyer. Penalty paid.
Last December I paid a premium for a razor(+$25) because I came up with a creative, last-minute idea. The seller was happy and I was without regrets, knowing my decision came with a cost. It was only $25. I tend to think “big picture”.
I’m sorry it played out the way in which it did. Don’t expect an “I’m sorry-Discount”, but a refund without any penalty would be my “at least” expectation. I wish I could help you out, not because I have what you are looking for, but because I’ve been there before and it’s a real bummer.

I really don't line it when the discussions get into things like this where folks draw lines and rant on the vendor or the customer. This is really something between the customer and the vendor. None of us should jump into this and take sides, and I think it is totally out of line to start a thread by saying that you were "screwed" as it is totally a value judgement on the part of one side.

Happy holidays all, and hopefully we can remember what the important things of the holidays are.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's another Razor Emporium Christmas Miracle!!!

Your mistake wasn't when you ordered it.......

I know you are disappointed the item did not arrive on time. However, I am reminded of an old saying "Procrastination on your part does not make it an emergency on my part". If you absolutely needed the item to arrive before Christmas, you should not have waited until a week before Christmas before ordering. I know that may sound harsh, but that is the reality of the marketplace at this time of the year. Most shaving vendors are small companies with limited staff. If they are inundated with orders, they do not have the resources to respond.

In case you think I am covering for the vendor, I am not. The only relationship I have with the vendor is that I have successfully placed two orders with them and had the items delivered in a reasonable period of time. However, I did not order during the Christmas rush. I did place several shaving related orders, but they were entered in late November or early December.

Ray

I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if they had either proactively informed me that they could not fulfill my order in a timely manor or the item was out of stock.

I had made multiple phone calls and an email while on line the my status remains “Awaiting to be Fulfilled”.

Apparently my mistake was not paying attention to others who have had customer fulfillment issues with them before.
I would love to hear their reasoning behind not following through. But if they are not returning calls how could I find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray

I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if they had either proactively informed me that they could not fulfill my order in a timely manor or the item was out of stock.

I had made multiple phone calls and an email while on line the my status remains “Awaiting to be Fulfilled”.

Apparently my mistake was not paying attention to others who have had customer fulfillment issues with them before.
I would love to hear their reasoning behind not following through. But if they are not returning calls how could I find out.

As I stated, I am not trying to excuse the vendor. I tend to purchase from vendors who have an excellent reputation for customer service. Razor Emporium is not one I purchase from regularly I placed a couple of orders with them because they had something in stock that no one else seemed to carry. However, even with vendors who are normally reliable, there can be delivery issues this time of the year as both the vendor and the delivery services get overwhelmed.

I am certain the folks at Razor Emporium will respond to the question/complaint and will deliver the item ordered, even if it is later than originally indicated. There are times I order items from Amazon with Prime two day shipping, but it takes ten days to arrive because it does not ship for eight days. That is why I would recommend that, no matter who the vendor, that folks do not wait until a week before Christmas before placing an order.

Sorry you had issues also
I like their video’s but I too had shipping issues, early December, it too was slow to fill ...arrived to late for bday gift.... returned

Aren't these guys on the bad vendor list? I've never used them, but it appears that they do well for a little bit and then the wheels fall off. I've just always stayed away from the horror stories that have been told from years back.

Sorry you had issues also
I like their video’s but I too had shipping issues, early December, it too was slow to fill ...arrived to late for bday gift.... returned

I love their videos. If they had let me know ahead of time that it would take a few days to be prepped and shipped I would have been fine. I could have been prepared. I picked the shipping option because they said I would have it by the 24th. It is an item I did not need to get through them. I chose to because they are a B&B vendor. But I am learning this is not an isolated issue.

Nothing I can do about it now. Merry Christmas everyone. Seriously. Not like it is life and death.

It had nothing to do with when you ordered it. I sent a razor in for a polish and it took 6 weeks to get it back. They did not respond to any emails or update requests on the ticket. Luckily I finally did get my razor back.

This is being unfair to the buyer. The buyer was given a commited delivery date. Period

Call me prejudiced, but I've had my share of horrible communication and terrible customer service when I invested nearly $200 in their premium flagship product - the Rex ambassador. It had blade alignment issues and it took almost 45-60 days for them to fix it awaiting new spares etc. Communication was terrible and I had to "beg" for updates!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

FWIW, the day after you ordered it was the day that it was announced Federal employees would also have the 24th off. Not saying they shouldn't have been vigilant and realized any orders wouldn't be fulfilled on time, but still...

FWIW, the day after you ordered it was the day that it was announced Federal employees would also have the 24th off. Not saying they shouldn't have been vigilant and realized any orders wouldn't be fulfilled on time, but still...
The day off has nothing to do with the fact he ordered the item on the 18th and is still sitting at RE most likely right now. To throw you another curve, yesterday was the 24th and I received mail.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

The day off has nothing to do with the fact he ordered the item on the 18th and is still sitting at RE most likely right now. To throw you another curve, yesterday was the 24th and I received mail.

You may be right. I'm not defending RE. I've never done business with them so I have no opinion on them one way or another. That being the case, I don't know what their status updates are like either.
I based my thought off my experiences of whenever I order from Stirling, my order status says Unfulfilled until it arrives in my mailbox, so I didn't take that RE saying it was awaiting fulfillment as indication that it hasn't even left yet.
And to swing at your curve, yesterday was the 24th and no one on my block received mail.

I love their videos. If they had let me know ahead of time that it would take a few days to be prepped and shipped I would have been fine. I could have been prepared. I picked the shipping option because they said I would have it by the 24th. It is an item I did not need to get through them. I chose to because they are a B&B vendor. But I am learning this is not an isolated issue.

Nothing I can do about it now. Merry Christmas everyone. Seriously. Not like it is life and death.

First, Razor Emporium is NOT a B&B vendor. I have never done any business with them but some of the folks who have been here a long time have had a number of incidents with them. Others have filed complaints about them, too. Some like them but many don't. You can read in this thread about experiences some B&B members have had.

You may be right. I'm not defending RE. I've never done business with them so I have no opinion on them one way or another. That being the case, I don't know what their status updates are like either.
I based my thought off my experiences of whenever I order from Stirling, my order status says Unfulfilled until it arrives in my mailbox, so I didn't take that RE saying it was awaiting fulfillment as indication that it hasn't even left yet.
And to swing at your curve, yesterday was the 24th and no one on my block received mail.
If the post office picked up the item the customer would be getting tracking from the post office, which he didn't.
As far as the post office goes they ran yesterday here in Western Tennessee. Like you I never had any dealings with RE.

Top Bottom