What's new

Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles?

• Yes! I love them. They're cheap and tasty.

• No! I'm not in college and I have a real job.

• Who's Ramone and what's he doing with those noodles?

• Art is the King of the Noodles

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I have in my pantry currently

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

I'll eat the packaged ramen here and there, but I'd rather have ramen we make in the instapot. There are a few variations on the recipe, we use one VERY similar to this one from Cake n' Knife Spicy Pork Instant Pot Ramen.

We tend to use Bok Choy, sliced carrot, bean sprouts, green onion and eggs as toppings. We also cut the brown sugar to just the 1TBSP. It really comes out amazing. Makes the house smell fantastic too.

Ingredients
Soup
  • 2 lbs pork shoulder roast or butt
  • 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, plus more of needed
  • 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sake
  • 2 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 Tbsp sambal oelek chili paste
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 Tbsp Chinese five spice
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup dried shi-take mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 4 packs Ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded

For Serving
  • 4 soft boiled eggs
  • Shredded carrots
  • Sliced jalapeno
  • Freshly chopped cilantro
  • Sliced green onion
  • Sesame seeds
Instructions
  • Add pork to the insert of the Instant Pot. Pour in chicken broth, 1/2 cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, sake, and fish sauce. Stir in sambal oelek, lime juice, Chinese five spice, black pepper, sesame oil, mushrooms, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and dark soy sauce. Seal the Instant Pot. Set to Manual Pressure and cook on High for 90 minutes. Quick release when finished.
  • Remove pork from the Instant Pot insert. Cover the Instant Pot and set to Warm.
  • Place pork on a cutting board and lightly shred using two forks.
  • Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add pork and spread it out in an even layer. Sprinkle the pork with brown sugar and 3 Tbsp soy sauce. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes. Stir and continue to cook the pork until it starts to crisp, about 5 minutes total. Remove from heat.
  • Add the ramen noodles to the Instant Pot and allow to cook through, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of the pork.
  • Serve the soup immediately in bowls. Top with remaining pork, eggs, carrots, jalapeño slices, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds.
EDIT: I had to put a '-' for the specific Japanese mushroom since the filter blocked it out

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
This is my favorite. Suimin, Tom yum flavour, made in Thailand. A really nice, spicy tom yum taste that is a lot more authentic than any other packet noodles I’ve tried.

IMG_7830.jpeg

I prefer the ramen made by professionals in a Japanese restaurant. Luckily there are a few in our general area. Even one that specializes in udon.
our kids like the cheap ramen noodles so we always have some around. There’s some really good Korean ramen as well. Shin is the spicy one I like. We will try a new one from time to time. H Mart noodle isle is overwhelming. Wife just got this brand to try.
88D4A4E4-8580-4849-A398-C1ADA9A8F7C5.jpeg

My wife bought this dehydrated Ramen toppings from a company called The Ramen Bae.it adds some flavor and veggies. It’s pretty good. Check out the different flavors.

Top Bottom