What's new

Ramen Noodles

Ramen Noodles?

• Yes! I love them. They're cheap and tasty.

• No! I'm not in college and I have a real job.

• Who's Ramone and what's he doing with those noodles?

• Art is the King of the Noodles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not since grad school. Can't look 'em in the face anymore after 7 years of college. I don't want any butter beans EVER AGAIN, either!

Can't stand them, not even when I was in college. And, I have a real job and have an issue with getting 5 billion times the US RDA of Sodium in one sitting. Other than that, they're great. :wink:

My roommates and I used to try to figure out cheap ways to doctor 'em up, like adding chicken, ground beef, mushooms, etc. My wife still picks up a couple of packages every now and then at the grocery store....I guess she feels nostalgic. I'm sure not eating them!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Man Cory, you didn't leave me much choice. I had to go with option three, because I am back in college, I only eat them occasionally and I wouldn't exactly say I love them, but enjoy them from time to time.

I think Art is still king.

I like them. Having spent 6 years living in japan I miss Ramen very much. Soba and udon are good as well.

I enjoy them from time to time. They're just cheap noodles and do fine with whatever sauce you want to throw on them.

Pretty good, not great, but the best food value there is. Melting in a slice of american cheese is good, but doubles or triples the cost of your meal.

GB

OldSaw

The wife's investment
So what does all the sodium in this stuff do to your blood pressure? It is quite high by itself and adding things like soy sauce could really put you in orbit. I'm not a freak about this stuff, but as I get older I just consider it more.

Can't stand them, not even when I was in college. And, I have a real job and have an issue with getting 5 billion times the US RDA of Sodium in one sitting. Other than that, they're great. :wink:

Smart ***. So you're the one who's been doctoring these polls. :lol:

I love it, eat it, and that's that. During my undergrad work in Cleveland, I was once so poor I bought ramen with coupons.

Shane is officially my hero.

I only very rarely ate it in college. I'd rather eat La Bamba than Ramen.

Common sense tells me thatI should let this one go, but what exactly is La Bamba? Sounds scary! :w00t:

Of course, they are the official holy food of the Pastafarian religion, and the word 'ramen' is the closing to pastafarian prayers.:eek:

So, yeah, pretty much love 'em. (Any religion that celebrates with beer and strippers is AOK with me.) :w00t:

Haven't ate these since college(2 years ago).

Look at the nutrition info on these...they are terrible for you.

But they can be a cheap meal and a good way to get three days worth of sodium in one sitting. :001_smile

M

modern man

Yes, but you have to toss the packet of salt away and make your own spice. :w00t:

Nong Shim makes my favorite. Shim Ramyun. Spicy and salty. I drop a cubed boiled egg in and it makes me happy. The kimchi ones aren't horrible either.

I still like a ramen once in a while.

Top Bottom