What's new

Question about spray colognes (not aftershaves).

Are spray colognes to be sprayed directly onto the skin (face) or are they meant to be sprayed into the palm, then palms rubbed together, and finally applied to the face?????

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use aftershave, eau de toilette, eau de cologne, and any other type of scent you care to name in exactly the same way - into the palm, rub the palms together, and apply to the face and neck. Yes, yes, I know they are different products, intended for different things, but I do not care. My advice is to use whatever product you want in whatever way you like 👍

I would not spray anything on face directly with dents, because do you want in eyes? Could be not FUN Expierence.:eek2: Barbers use to put after shave or witch haze on hands, rub, that transfer to victims face or neck so you smell like barber shop.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Do not apply them to your face and do not rub them in.

Atomizers are intended to spray on the body. The number of sprays will vary quite a bit, depending on the concentration.

Parfum Concentree (i.e Sauvage Elixir) is 1 spray.
Parfum/Pure Parfum (i.e Fahrenheit Le Parfum or Terre d’Hermes Pure Parfum) is 2-3 sprays.
Eau de Parfum (i.e Beau de Jour or Acqua di Gio Profumo) is 3-4 sprays.
Eau de Toilette can be a wide-open field (Zino may be 2-3 sprays, Cool Water may be 5-6).

These are MY numbers, YMMV. I’m usually looking for an application that will last 8-10 hours without gassing a room.

I have long believed that less is often more when it comes to fragrances. (“Fragrances should be discovered, not announced,” to quote Francis Kurkdjian).

Do not apply them to your face and do not rub them in.

Atomizers are intended to spray on the body. The number of sprays will vary quite a bit, depending on the concentration.

Parfum Concentree (i.e Sauvage Elixir) is 1 spray.
Parfum/Pure Parfum (i.e Fahrenheit Le Parfum or Terre d’Hermes Pure Parfum) is 2-3 sprays.
Eau de Parfum (i.e Beau de Jour or Acqua di Gio Profumo) is 3-4 sprays.
Eau de Toilette can be a wide-open field (Zino may be 2-3 sprays, Cool Water may be 5-6).

These are MY numbers, YMMV. I’m usually looking for an application that will last 8-10 hours without gassing a room.

I have long believed that less is often more when it comes to fragrances. (“Fragrances should be discovered, not announced,” to quote Francis Kurkdjian).
This is the way.

Are spray colognes to be sprayed directly onto the skin (face) or are they meant to be sprayed into the palm, then palms rubbed together, and finally applied to the face?????
Most spray colognes are meant to be sprayed on "heat points" on the skin. The science/trade of perfumery designs almost all fragrances to have top, middle & base notes. Meaning the scent purposefully changes over the minutes and hours of wearing.

If you rub it into the skin, you cancel out the intended experience.

I am pretty consistent with 2 sprays to each side of the neck, if the fragrance is exceptionally weak , two more on my clothing , ie chest area or tie area

But by and large 2 on each side of the neck is fine, this way your not always in the direct scent projection and you will still get nice whiffs of it everytime you move, even if its been hours since application

Helpful video

Eh, I spray onto palm.
Easy and controllable!
No big deal!!

spray.jpg

Top Bottom