What's new

Question about shaving daily

I can't shave daily I shave every 3-4 days and I get a full BBS with 3 passes. Technically I could shave daily if I did a one pass shave only. If I would try to shave after 1-2 days I just can't do it, it will hurt and I end up with razor burns etc. My question is: do daily shavers do 3 passes? Do they go for a BBS daily or do you daily shavers just do one pass?

I'd be fine shaving every 3-4 days, unless it's a job requirement. Do what you gotta do for the job. I never had a job where I needed to shave every day. I'd shave to be presentable for court in my 1970s years of doing child welfare, or later years doing environmental enforcement. Other than court, I shaved when I felt like it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My fiancée doesn't care, my employer doesn't care either. I don't have to shave daily but it got me curious :001_302:

I think I figured it out, I can use the Fatip OC but I need a milder blade. The Feather is a little bit too aggressive, it works fine if my whiskers are 3-4 days old. I just had a shave and did 3 passes. I have a full BBS without any issues. Normally I do longer strokes but I found out if I want to shave daily I need to keep those strokes as short as possible. But thank you guys for all the input, this is what I love about this community.
Outstanding. I was just about to suggest you try a different blade when I read this. Keep up the good work.

I can't shave daily I shave every 3-4 days and I get a full BBS with 3 passes. Technically I could shave daily if I did a one pass shave only. If I would try to shave after 1-2 days I just can't do it, it will hurt and I end up with razor burns etc. My question is: do daily shavers do 3 passes? Do they go for a BBS daily or do you daily shavers just do one pass?
Thanks for this question, I was searching for the same thing. I don’t shave daily (yet) similar to you but wasn’t sure what folks did for the number passes either. This has been very helpful, I may now try less passes for less irritation but an acceptable shave. I am learning, with wet shaving, there is a lot of subjectivity but it’s lots of fun. Thanks again!

Thanks for this question, I was searching for the same thing. I don’t shave daily (yet) similar to you but wasn’t sure what folks did for the number passes either. This has been very helpful, I may now try less passes for less irritation but an acceptable shave. I am learning, with wet shaving, there is a lot of subjectivity but it’s lots of fun. Thanks again!
I never thought I would drop the 3 pass to a 2 pass but I have only been doing this DE for about 4 years now at 60 yrs old I have very good in shape smooth skin but always sensitive

but I did a few 3 pass this week again just to see and the end result is so close

I found my 2nd pass the XTG was kinda irritating on my cheeks toward ear area
That same area the ATG is just fine so it was almost like making irritation where I never had it and did not effect the end result at all

the ATG close to my vandyke area is always tough no matter if I do a XTG or not so its like why bother as again that extra pass did nothing for the ATG closeness or comfort and again added irritation so for me dropping the XTG and doing a WTG and ATG has been so nice and really made a difference in total comfort

I had a few before say look into a 2 pass and I said OH I love the 3 pass and shaving to much but experience was not with me I reckon and I much prefer this simple 2 pass

if I want a BBS shave I have to do some clean up for sure but its not a huge deal and finding that near BBS I get of DFS+ is so much more comfy for a daily shave

Now the one thing I do wonder about stepping up my razor gap a bit now :)

So I took those suggestions in and trying for myself on my face of course :) ahhahaah has been fun and helpful
since shaving is now a hobby more than a horrid thing I have to do I like the tinkering and trying other methods members here talk about and suggest has been fun

this place is truly an amazing forum with great members

I shave every other day, one pass, sometimes two. I've been lucky and have been able to do this even when I was in the military years ago.

I have an odd work schedule. when I have anything more than 1 day of growth I do a 3 pass, and finish w/ touch ups with a straight. shaving back to back days I do a 2 pass (skipping the WTG pass), ending w/ straight here again.
Always shoot for BBS.

I am going to experiment w/ eliminating the WTG pass on days where I have more than a day of growth. I have seen a lot of posts of folks saying it is pointless anyway. I do not see how as on shaves with numerous days growth it cuts everything down. but perhaps an XTG can accomplish the same? we shall see.

Daily 4 passes; W/X/A/A.

I use the blackbird majority of the time.
It's a gentle giant...Super efficient but good on my skin.

No other razor has been able to match this balance.

Top Bottom