What's new

Quest for less technology

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
What's with all the sea lion references...?

Everypony with a uniformly close shave was calling it “dolphinic” and then I stopped helping myself:

I look forward to the future (except the part where @lasta and @Osyri are held in the Proctor and Gamble detention center – we’ll miss you sinners) where we’re all going on about new old stock quahogs versus conch, shell knapping techniques, and have our divisive factions be pinniped versus cetacean:

Dolphin smoov versus socially acceptable sea lion
Manatee Mondays and Humpback Wednesdays
Elephant seal envious versus Special ORCAsion shaves

More proof that I was right in selecting the Twig "Thorn" which is the more "aggressive" version of the razor. I've shaved with it a number of times both with the supplied blades and 1/2 Feathers. Mild and efficient. It's a good shaver for a 3 pass and I'm good to go. Cheers!

gif-of-a-happy-birthday-party-for-a-cat-with-a-party-hat-and-cake-and-everything.gif

I don’t really recall why I parked the Leaf. But I do remember the shaves left something to be desired. I think it’s a great gateway razor to get folks into wet shaving. I outgrew it quickly. Have a great day at work Boris. Even if the sea lions are there
Yeah I want to like it, but I think I was outgrown of it before I even tried it, which is a big bummer. I hate to forward PIF the razors you PIF'd me, but it is better that someone that can use it gets it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I never did use BBS as a reference.... I confirmed that when our granddaughter was born... First grandchild... I'll never be able to attain that softness, no matter what I do...

I do start out as a grizzly (Adams)... and end up with a smooth face, but certainly not BBS.

I think the coarsest animal fur that I have ever felt was a moose. You may wonder how did you managed to pet a moose. Well near where I am from in Sweden I found out they had a moose sanctuary and you can visit. My wife and I went there on one of our visits home.

Moose have very thick coarse almost spikey fur. It was super coarse. I was very surprised actually because I did not expect that. It is weird standing next to one because the bottom of their belly reached almost up to your belly/chest area. No wonder that they are like no other animal in snow. It is amazing to see them trot through 4 ft of snow like it is bare ground. They had to keep a 15 ft fence around the enclosure because they would clear a 10-12 ft fence. Pretty cool animals. My dad took me moose spotting many a times when I was a kid.

Evening shave - 3/18/24
Razor: KCG
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (1)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Ahhh now that is the way it is supposed to be! Uber smooth and very comfortable. Not a weeper in sight and oh so close to BBS.

Talk about surprise! I had all intentions to PIF away my KCG razor, which was my first razor entering into this journey, but I decided that I need to make sure that that is what I want to do. I have not shaved with this razor since Jul 10th, 2023, even before I started my official shave log. My shave back then was lackluster and I was considering PIF it away. Well fast forward to last night I pulled it out and had a go with it with a new Personna blade and I have to say that it was heavenly.

It did not feel like the same razor I remember. It felt quite efficient even. It is strange. Before I really had to work with this razor to get a good shave with it, but now it was almost effortless. I am wondering if ~8 months of more experience DE shaving has anything to do with it. Actually I think that it has everything to do with it. I can probably "read" the razors far better now than back then and adjust accordingly.

It just goes to show that we not only should revisit blades that was problematic for us in the beginning, but also razors, probably even soaps and brushes. I judged this razor prematurely and we will see how it performs during the week and if the trend continues. I am rubbing my face right now and it has been 12 hours since I used it and I have a VERY good DFS still so it was plenty close. I am pleasantly surprised and excited for this weeks shaves.

Happy shaving everyone!

The thought of revisiting my Razorine and IKon SBS again, is like considering falling down stairs again, to see if it was as bad as last time. :lol:
Maybe like trying the same thing again and hoping for a different outcome. Hmmm I wonder where I have heard that before..
I think the main difference here is someone that has DE shaved for a bit over a year and someone else who have done it for decades.

Top Bottom