What's new

Proraso Green Lovers

I miss my Proraso Green.... We had a great run!!
proxy.php

Up until the last week or so, I’d used Proraso (Green) exclusively. (Both Tube and Tub.) Although a relative “new” addition to the wet-shaving aficionados around here, I figured that it would be what I’d stick with for some time to come. But, with the season changing into fall and winter – I began to look for something that wouldn’t be so “cool” for the drop in temperatures.

I’ve added Proraso (Blue) to the mix. Used it for the first time a couple of days ago. I like it just like the Proraso (Green), but the post-shave feel is a bit different than that of the “cooling-sensation.” It’s very nice if you haven’t tried it, yet.

The green is great. Foolproof, too. I end up using it more for travel than home because the tube packs into my kit so easily. But I use it at least once or twice a week at home.

Love the stuff but prefer the white tub and really like the blue. Why don't they put the blue in a tub? Pretty much need shea as an ingredient so my face doesn't feel as good without it. The red causes some irritation. Sandlewood being the culprit.

Probably my used soap, it is a bit thirsty but lathers quickly and easily. I usually follow with a splash of Green aftershave and take on the day!

I'm still new to traditional wet shaving, but I use Proraso green soap daily and find it to have a refreshing, cool sensation. It is easy to make a slick lather quickly with this soap in my experience. I'm sure I'll move on to other soaps down the road, but green has worked very well and easily in my learning process in making a good lather.

Just noticed this thread this morning and realized I had an unopened tube of C.O. Bigelow in my bathroom drawer, which was a situation that could not be allowed to remain unchanged. I forgot how good this cream is, what a wonderful shave this morning!

Proraso Green is a wet shaving classic if there ever was one. It will always have a special place in my heart and in my rotation as it was the very first cream or soap I tried and got me hooked.

Ive enjoyed all proraso products I have tried. Green is not my favorite shaving cream of their line (Proraso Red baby!) but its a nice quality lather.

I don't care for the green. I don't think menthol should be any part of the shave itself. (Afterwards is fine.)

I agree. I really don't care for menthol in my soaps. To me like it's like putting ketchup on everything on your plate. Whats the point of the food if all it winds up being is just the medium for the ketchup. Green has a great after smell, but you don't smell it while shaving cause all you smell is the menthol. That being said I like green's performance, and after scent. But I'm just not a menthol guy.

I liked the green. I may come back to it. I don't feel much menthol with it. I may have destroyed my menthol receptors with Osage and other splashes that I added crystals to.:velva2::velva2::velva2:

I also use the green cream but mainly during the hot season. It cools the skin too much in winter and is not very pleasant feeling. The scent... at the beginning I hate it it, even had the gag reflex when combined with my smelly badger brush. The combination of wet dog and eucalyptus smell was not very good :) With my synthetic brush it is OK and I even started to enjoy it later. But the cream is not so easy to lather as TOBS for example. Still, good cream for summer.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Welcome utzelu! I agree... menthol cream during cold weather can make for an unpleasant shave.

Not for me. I love menthol in the winter. My favorite winter routine is Proraso pre-post not because I think it necessarily works but because it has menthol, then Proraso shaving soap, followed by a cold water splash although I'm not a cold water shaver, then Proraso green aftershave splash. Then I walk outside while the after shave is still wet and smoke a cigarette. I live in Colorado and a couple of days ago it was 12 degrees F it was awesome! :w00t:

Top Bottom