What's new

Preffered black ink

Which black ink do you prefer, regardless of pen choice?

• Noodler's Black

• Parker Quink - Black

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which do you guys prefer? Noodler's Black or black Quink? To me they both perform very well but I think the Quink is a little cheaper.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Think also of Waterman, Pelikan, Montblanc, and especially Aurora (one of the "blackest" blacks).

Think also of Waterman, Pelikan, Montblanc, and especially Aurora (one of the "blackest" blacks).
Definitely. I just chose those two because they were two of my first blacks and I'm torn between which I like more.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
None of the above, here it is Noodlers Heart of Darkness, the blackest black. Lately I also start to like the Iroshizuku Take-Sumi, black ink a lot.

I do not have experience with either of those inks. However, that will not restrain me from offering my opinion and I choose Diamine Onyx Black. :wink2:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Of the two choices offered by the OP, I have only used Noodler's Bullet Proof black,which is fine for an all purpose ink, but would pick it anyways because of it's "bullet proofness". When it runs out I will certainly get some HOD. I love all things Iro, but have not tried Take-sumi. I'm sure I will some day.

Sailor Nano Black is pretty darn black...I'm using it today....it kinda reminds me of the black color that a Sharpie puts down.

I prefer noodlers black, but mostly because my work environment requires the waterproof qualities. Quink tends to run and separate into different colors when wet.

I have both. I prefer the Noodler's Black, not only for the "bulletproof" qualities, but for the blackness. I find the Quink to be thin, watery, and somewhat washed out in comparison.

Top Bottom