What's new

Post Your Pictures - Theirs Issard

technically, it's 13 months since purchase; would paypal do any good?
i had shaved with it only four or five times in the past year; each time got a nick on the same side, which i attributed it to my lack of experience.
finally, i took a loupe to the edge, thinking there might be a chip in the blade, that's when the problem in the toe became apparent.

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was a recent purchase. I think 13 months is a bit too long to expect any goodwill from Fendrihan as well.

I was under the same impression. But some good has come of it. I have now learned it may be wise to inspect every blade with loupes or glass upon receipt and prior to use. I will hold a positive thought for the outcome of the repair, Sarimento1.

Send me the razor and I'll see what I can do for you. Just pay shipping round trip.

thx Scott for that gracious offer! I had already shipped it off to Doc226 this morning!

I was under the same impression. But some good has come of it. I have now learned it may be wise to inspect every blade with loupes or glass upon receipt and prior to use. I will hold a positive thought for the outcome of the repair, Sarimento1.

Nick, you're so right!

A couple of Bisons and an Eagle.

Attachments

• $Thiers Issard Bison1.jpg
    $Thiers Issard Bison1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 173
  • $IMG_8560.jpg
    $IMG_8560.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 175
  • $IMG_8566.jpg
    $IMG_8566.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 174

Here is a follow-up on the saga of my defective Thiers-Issard Crown Wing razor.
Recall the toe had been incorrectly honed by the factory!
I had sent several messages and phone calls to my vendor, Fendrihan.
That was almost a month ago, still no response to date!
I finally sent it off to Doc226 for repair, and he filed and muted the toe and had to re-hone the edge.
On return, it behaved very politely and shaved well!
So, this is just a 'heads-up' on T-I quality control...inspect your razors carefully on receipt!!

$thiers issard proraso rubberset english fern mr taylor aug 20 2014.jpg

Got a question here for all these beautiful TI's I've just looked at. I have gone through all 17 pages! Whew! Anyway, are all of these pieces of art, used? Are they being used for shaving, or, are they sitting in a box as a collectors item? Hoping to gain in value for a sale later on? I'm also asking those who have purchased TI's limited run straight razors if they use them?

Mike

Those are being shaved with regularly or at least occasionally. Most of us buy to use and don't put them away but if your buying as a collector and your only goal is to increase value I would not use them and risk damage.

I agree with Scott. Most of us buy to use, and realistically if you treat your razors with respect and care they will last through generations. Especially once you get a few (or 40+)

Thanks to Scott and Andrew! The reason I asked is that I recently found a seller of a Thiers-Issard Grelot Crown Silver Wing #41 who had originally purchased it from TI several years ago. Never opened. They cut the seal to photograph it in order to sell it. I am 64 young and I've always wanted a really special straight razor to own and use before I leave this earth. LOL not too soon I hope. Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I bought it and it is currently on its way to me at this time. I won't say how much I paid for it as I don't want anything in writing as my wife will probably kill me and I won't get to use my razor even once! Ha! I also want to thank Noahpictures for helping me push the button. He says, "There is no such thing as a beginners razor. If you like it, buy it!"

Mike

I have two razors on the way. A Thiers-Issard will be my last purchase as soon as I can find it. That would be a 6/8 Bijou de France in mint. May take awhile. But, good for you, mglindo in achieving your wish. Enjoy that wonderful prize.

I have two razors on the way. A Thiers-Issard will be my last purchase as soon as I can find it. That would be a 6/8 Bijou de France in mint. May take awhile. But, good for you, mglindo in achieving your wish. Enjoy that wonderful prize.

Wise choice. The spinework on the Bijou de France (or TI - La Rose) is superb! :)
$DSCF9639-3.jpg

Top Bottom