What's new

Post Your Pictures - Theirs Issard

Those are some sweet razors.
I wasn't aware that there were TIs with #14s until recently. And now they seem to popping up semi-often.

Yes, indeed.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 275
Ordered from Shaving Style. They have some nice ones in stock and the best prices. It seems the newest blades don't have any or a lot of gold wash. Get them while they last.

Guys, I have a crown wing purchased last July from fendrihan.
shaved with it five times, each time I get a nasty cut.
Finally, I've concluded there is a flaw with the toe, which has a wicked sharp edge that wraps up from the cutting edge into the round toes about 4mm. The blade definitely needs repair. I could try to mute it, but it actually looks out of round on close examination. I've contacted Fendrihan and await to see what they might suggest. Will keep you posted.

Has as anyone seen similar issue?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 199
I had one I bought a different model TI from another vendor that had a bad warp at the toe causing it to be turned outward at the toe and would slice my cheek every shave. The vendor tried to tell me they set them in a jig to check for variance and it was within spec but my cheek said otherwise. Is the bevel at the toe turned outward noticeably? How about a pic from the front of the blade?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407504586.326024.jpg

I don't know if I've shared my razors before but here is one of mine from my morning shave.

Le grelot in ivory scales.

I had one I bought a different model TI from another vendor that had a bad warp at the toe causing it to be turned outward at the toe and would slice my cheek every shave. The vendor tried to tell me they set them in a jig to check for variance and it was within spec but my cheek said otherwise. Is the bevel at the toe turned outward noticeably? How about a pic from the front of the blade?

it it did not seem to show a warp, although I'm away for the weekend. I'll recheck when I get home. However I did email my vendor fendrihan to get their input a few days ago, and only silence back thus far.

Picked this up yesterday at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Oh. They are know for selling "old time" items..in the heart of Ohio's Amish country... Had an awesome shave this morning... 6/8 "Bison" with blonde horn scales.... can't seem to find out much about it though...NOS razor maybe?? $12-AE7F5717-3499887-960-100.jpg$12-AE713F96-2028506-960-100.jpg

Picked this up yesterday at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Oh. They are know for selling "old time" items..in the heart of Ohio's Amish country... Had an awesome shave this morning... 6/8 "Bison" with blonde horn scales.... can't seem to find out much about it though...NOS razor maybe?? View attachment 482302View attachment 482303
Its a new one by the two stamped lines on the tang meaning its carbonsong steel. They are great blades although the C135 steel can be difficult to re-edge because of the hardness. I would consider a pasted strop maintenance for it. Great razor!

Ordered from Shaving Style. They have some nice ones in stock and the best prices. It seems the newest blades don't have any or a lot of gold wash. Get them while they last.

I noticed that also. I wish they had graphics in gold of exotic African animals like the engravings on some fine sporting rifles. I would find it much more appealing than a bison, eagle, rooster or fox. Maybe B&B could persuade them to do a contract run....? Even their own logo would be better-

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 128
Picked this up yesterday at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Oh. They are know for selling "old time" items..in the heart of Ohio's Amish country... Had an awesome shave this morning... 6/8 "Bison" with blonde horn scales.... can't seem to find out much about it though...NOS razor maybe?? View attachment 482302View attachment 482303

I have a couple similar to that. Absolutely love them. Nimble in the hand and smooth on the face. (And yes, C135 loves diamond paste.)

it it did not seem to show a warp, although I'm away for the weekend. I'll recheck when I get home. However I did email my vendor fendrihan to get their input a few days ago, and only silence back thus far.

I've been holding off ordering from Fendrihan until I'm confident in their customer service which is currently at issue here. It seems a reasonable time has passed. Have we any word from Brother Sarimento1 on a reply?

Well, I've emailed Fendrihan, still no reply. No answer to phone either, even when left message. My guess is that they are closed for vacation, but at least the website or voicemail should mention that.

Anyway, I gave up on them and shipped the razor to one of our honemeisters to be fixed.

Meanwhile, the ribbon gash is just now starting to heal and, after a week respite, got a couple great straight shaves, one with a dovo and another with a puma.

Top Bottom