What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

Discoid meniscus which has lead to three knee surgeries, two on the right knee (still healing up from one right now), one of the left. Chronic Carpal Tunnel. Low back and hip pain, undiagnosed issues with shoulders. I still try to do everything just not like I was 20 something again.

Discoid meniscus which has lead to three knee surgeries, two on the right knee (still healing up from one right now), one of the left. Chronic Carpal Tunnel. Low back and hip pain, undiagnosed issues with shoulders. I still try to do everything just not like I was 20 something again.
Are you getting any medical treatments?

Sore back (pain but no motor problems).

According to the orthopedists here, my best bet is to keep working, especially on my "core" strength!

Sore back (pain but no motor problems).

According to the orthopedists here, my best bet is to keep working, especially on my "core" strength!
I do seated squats, lightweight sqats and weighted cable crunches for cores.

Not an injury but a bad cold....I'm in Arizona and California this week and the weather changes done me in. I hit the Planet fitness for cardio and lifting, now I'm feeling crappy with bad cold

My cold is gone, now I have my sore back again.....lowering the weight reps and just doing bike at the San Bernardino California planet fitness.

Did squats with pain in my reconstructed ankle.....really hurts but finished the set at Planet fitness in Albuquerque NM.

I've got a chronically bad right knee. Probably a minor mcl tear that's never fully healed. Its flaring up this week since I've been doing HIIT and functional training... lots of body weight squats, jumping, etc. It generally settles down and goes away after a few days.

I also have a bum tendon in my left arm, right at the elbow. As long as I wear an arm compress and stay away from overworking my triceps - I'm good to push through.

During the last year I've been dealing with several issues including: pain and limited mobility in both hips that took 10 months to resolve, knee pain, PFS, forearm strain, pulled pec, left shoulder with several issues, teres major strain, severe cramping in calves, and I think that's it. Only the shoulder and forearm are still causing issues but I've managed to work through the issues for the most part and worked back up to a 275 bench, 335 squat, and 425 deadlift somehow (@ BW 157). Being an old lifter sucks!

Last edited:
Right shoulder crunches everytime I do military press. To many fastballs in my younger years. Reduce weight and keep on going.

I blew my back out in 2010 and did a lot of chiro after. It got better but has been giving me issues lately. I am back in chiro. I had to stop Judo but was able to go back to Karate. It doesn't seem to bother it too bad.

During the last year I've been dealing with several issues including: pain and limited mobility in both hips that took 10 months to resolve, knee pain, PFS, forearm strain, pulled pec, left shoulder with several issues, teres major strain, severe cramping in calves, and I think that's it. Only the shoulder and forearm are still causing issues but I've managed to work through the issues for the most part and worked back up to a 275 bench, 335 squat, and 425 deadlift somehow (@ BW 157). Being an old lifter sucks!
that's s impressive considering the nagging pain.

that's s impressive considering the nagging pain.

Thanks, I just started physio yesterday actually. It seems that my pec injury was responsible for the injury to my shoulder and thankfully the self-rehab I did worked wonders as there was no permanent damage to the shoulder just some inflamation due to misalignment. I should be good as new soon.

I've got a chronically bad right knee. Probably a minor mcl tear that's never fully healed. Its flaring up this week since I've been doing HIIT and functional training... lots of body weight squats, jumping, etc. It generally settles down and goes away after a few days.

I also have a bum tendon in my left arm, right at the elbow. As long as I wear an arm compress and stay away from overworking my triceps - I'm good to push through.
Wouldn't the uncontrolled movements cause more nagging pain?

It's only an issue when I haven't been working the legs enough, and then I hit 'em hard. After two weeks of HIIT & functional training, the knee feels good again. If I take a month off, the knee will flair up as I start back into exercise. I just have to be careful, and not overdo it in regards to that knee. Not pushing too hard with squats or lunges, not trying to do four days in a row on a snowboard etc.

It's only an issue when I haven't been working the legs enough, and then I hit 'em hard. After two weeks of HIIT & functional training, the knee feels good again. If I take a month off, the knee will flair up as I start back into exercise. I just have to be careful, and not overdo it in regards to that knee. Not pushing too hard with squats or lunges, not trying to do four days in a row on a snowboard etc.
I would decrease weight and keep a steady program of the HIIT and functional knees training if its been helping you feel good.

Top Bottom