What's new

Possible ShaveNation Scam Site?

Gentlemen:
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in here but I searched and have not seen it. There's a web site that's claiming to be shavenation (I don't want to post the link because I think its a scam) with ridiculous prices. Google it. I think its like shavenation shop or something. Prices are like 1/4 what they should be, and it just does not look right. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I apologize and ask to have this thread deleted so not to smear anyone but its using the shavenation logo but there's $400 straights for like $130. I doubt the manufacturer can make them for that.

Joe

Yes, it is a thing. Scammers grab a domain close enouigh to a real one (.shop is a bit of a giveaway), and populate it with scraped content and then wait for people to fall for it.

The people doing Scams work had at doing Scams.

I often wonder if if they applied their talents to real honest work how successful they would bee.

Saw a movie recently, The Beekeeper, it was about a group of Scammer. Who scammer the wrong person.

Good Movie, wonder if there are real Beekeepers?

Gentlemen:
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in here but I searched and have not seen it. There's a web site that's claiming to be shavenation (I don't want to post the link because I think its a scam) with ridiculous prices. Google it. I think its like shavenation shop or something. Prices are like 1/4 what they should be, and it just does not look right. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am I apologize and ask to have this thread deleted so not to smear anyone but its using the shavenation logo but there's $400 straights for like $130. I doubt the manufacturer can make them for that.

Joe
By any chance did you check out how this site wanted payment?

They are out there for all types of items.

There was a clone of HomeDepot lately that had the same logo, layout etc.

An easy way to spot ANY fake site.....the prices are lower than expected.

Several yeas ago my wife was web surfing, and get pop up advertising for well know brand of Doll with 4v different outfits. She buy for under $30.00 get email about order being processes, mail, and tracking out of China. He daughter also took hook, and about 6 weeks later they both go some like you would get at Country Fair as elchecpo carnival prize.

She contacted company, they were sorry, and suggested returning to China, and we found out cost was over 20 bucks. Wife despite charge take photo of what she got, sending original ad, in end she got refund after much work, or credit card charge voided.

So how do you accomplish this never use em.
Yes. I have never used ShaveNation. My money is safe from them and a handful of other vendors.

Add to that, I don't click on pop ups or email links. If prices are too good to be true or extremely lower than normal, they are fake. I check web address and extension, not just the link wording. If someone has new old stock Irish Moos for $8, it's fake.

If you buy online, do NOT save your CC info on their site or your PC. Plug it in each time you use it.

A few common sense practices and it's pretty safe to purchase online.

Last edited:
Yes. I have never used ShaveNation. My money is safe from them and a handful of other vendors.

Add to that, I don't click on pop ups or email links. If prices are too good to be true or extremely lower than normal, they are fake. I check web address and extension, not just the link wording. If someone has new old stock Irish Moos for $8, it's fake.

If you buy online, do NOT save your CC info on their site or your PC. Plug it in each time you use it.

Well you advice is good, I am not sure even the most diligent person who try’s protect one’s self will be 100% safe.

But way safe then if they ignore your advice.

By any chance did you check out how this site wanted payment?

I didn't get that far. They had a really nice $400 Boker for $130. I nearly gasped. But I came to my senses and started looking around the site. Way way too good to be true.

I'm not sure if the gentleman who owns the legit site is on here, but I hope he knows. I know if it were me, I'd be putting some blurb on my site just so people don't get taken. I'm sure the scam is that they make off with the money, then customers hassle the real guy for the merchandise.

A couple years back I found a few sites that had plenty of the items I was looking for and the price was below the legit sites that were out of stock, anyway I thought to play the game and put one in cart. When I got to pay section it said I needed to put more of this item in cart and they only took crypto and some other payment I never heard of. There was several of these sites that when I opened, they all looked the same they just changed the name of each site.

A couple years back I found a few sites that had plenty of the items I was looking for and the price was below the legit sites that were out of stock, anyway I thought to play the game and put one in cart. When I got to pay section it said I needed to put more of this item in cart and they only took crypto and some other payment I never heard of. There was several of these sites that when I opened, they all looked the same they just changed the name of each site.
Those are big time red flags.

Searching for the domainname on Google also helps if you find reviews about the store.

Top Bottom