What's new

Pocket Watch, Wrist Watch, or Cell Phone

I wear a Seiko wristwatch and sometimes a pocket watch that formerly belonged to my wife's grandfather.

Well I am a collector of antique clocks and watches. I also repair them. A skill I learned from my father who did that as a small business for years. I usually carry a pocket watch. Typically a Hamilton 950.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Wristwatch. But I think sundials are the coolest...

$eddd_navitron_wrist_compass.jpg

Ok, maybe not that cool. :lol:

Wearing a nice wrist or pocket watch is about much more than just telling time.

^This^

There's a great feeling when you want to know the time and you look at your wrist watch or pull out your pocket watch and as well as making note of the time, you also think to yourself "damn, that is a fine looking piece, that actually means something to me!"

wrist watch here for me as well. I wear one pretty much 99% of all my waking hours. Does anyone ever wear a wrist watch to sleep?

I have wristwatches. I have a cell phone. I have pocket watches. I never seem to carry or wear any of 'em lately.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
For me, it's my 1936 Longines 14K Pocket Watch!
proxy.php

full

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly a wrist watch; especially in the professional work environment. Checking the time on your phone can easily be perceived as checking email/other. Would love to own a pocket watch (like already posted) - sadly no family hand me downs to cherish so might get myself something one day.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Cellphone only since about 2004 or 2005. Prior to that it was a wristwatch. When I started caring a cellphone everywhere I went then I didn't see the need for wearing a watch. Took the watch off and never put it back on. Finally sold both of them last year.

now that I think about it I don't even own a clock.

Always a watch. I find it's easier to look at my watch than to yank out a phone for a quick look at the time. I also like the look of a nice watch.

Cell phone. I have a couple of nice wrist watches that never get worn, but I can't get rid of them as they belonged to relative or were presents for significant life events, and my grandfather's pocket watch. I dislike leaving them in a box, but I am either at my computer (with the time in the corner) or on the road with my cell phone and have no use for them.

Last edited:
I'm trying to move from using a cell all the time as I cant have it on the floor where I work so I'm trying to use my wristwatch more.

Top Bottom