What's new

Pocket Watch, Wrist Watch, or Cell Phone

How do you teach kids to read analog clocks when you don't give them a watch?
Well, most schools have analog clocks, and time to the minute is taught in third grade, so I guess that is a start.

Wear this everyday:
$_MG_5280.jpg

Last edited:
I keep a wrist watch on a belt loop on my pants so that I can access it no matter how many layers of clothing I have on. With long underwear, a fleece sweater, a regular shirt and a coat or parka on, it made it hard to get to my wrist to find a watch. In my off time, I normally use my phone. I received a nice watch for my birthday a couple of years ago that I enjoy wearing on nice occasions.

I wear a casio tough solar watch. It has analog hands and digital numbers. Its set to the time zone so if I change time zones, I just switch to the new time zone and it will automatically adjust itself, even the hands.
I wear it all the time unless I'm in the shower. My experience is the shower water causes the resin in the bands to dry out and crack.
Its set 3 minutes fast.
If your not early, your late.

"If you're not 10 minutes early, you're five minutes late."

Which helps to to explain military formations standing around a half hour before they need to. "What time do we need to show up for the 5 min. prior to the 5 min. prior to the 5 min. prior form up to the formation?"

I have a $20 Timex Expedition watch with a nice leather band. It keeps good time, but it's a Groundhog Day watch: It always says the 6th.

Top Bottom