What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Were that song ever written, it would be more epic than Kashmir

Well now I wouldn't say that.
proxy.php

Brown bogie?

Arrived at the cottage, spent the afternoon on the beach drinking beer and watching the kids swim in Lake Huron. Dinner is done, and I'm enjoying some 2009 LBF in a Tinsky Canadian, both of which came from Jiminyshiznit.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436742965.136215.jpg

Captain Black (White) on the front porch in a no-name briar from poorboy, with a glass of Fat Tire New Belgium Trippel. What a wonderful smoker this is - thanks again, Ted! I got a little gurgle toward the end, but I chalk that up to my "technique".

$PotD_071215.jpg

Gents, what shape would you reckon this pipe is?

Last edited:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Brown bogie?

Arrived at the cottage, spent the afternoon on the beach drinking beer and watching the kids swim in Lake Huron. Dinner is done, and I'm enjoying some 2009 LBF in a Tinsky Canadian, both of which came from Jiminyshiznit.

View attachment 586358
How is the Lake this year? Despite living on an island in said lake (or perhaps because swimming season is tourist/business season) I haven't been swimming since May of last year, and there was still ice on the water.

Just finished a bowl of 3OS in a Stanwell Brushed Black acorn.

Some Dark Star from 2011 in the 2014 LE.

Captain Black (White) on the front porch in a no-name briar from poorboy, with a glass of Fat Tire New Belgium Trippel. What a wonderful smoker this is - thanks again, Ted! I got a little gurgle toward the end, but I chalk that up to my "technique".

View attachment 586458

The gurgle could also be from moist tobacco. I usually take out the amount I plan to smoke and let it dry for some time before I pack it. Glad to see you enjoying the spoils from Poorboy (you da man!). It looks like a bent billiard to me but I can't see to well. Whatever the shape, it looks good on you. Nice shirt BTW.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like either a half-bent or 3/4-bent, and the shape is likely a billiard, but could also be a brandy or an apple since the bowl appears to have some curvature, or possibly a pot (or a pot variation like a "pot-billiard").

The gurgle could also be from moist tobacco. I usually take out the amount I plan to smoke and let it dry for some time before I pack it. Glad to see you enjoying the spoils from Poorboy (you da man!). It looks like a bent billiard to me but I can't see to well. Whatever the shape, it looks good on you. Nice shirt BTW.

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like either a half-bent or 3/4-bent, and the shape is likely a billiard, but could also be a brandy or an apple since the bowl appears to have some curvature, or possibly a pot (or a pot variation like a "pot-billiard").

Thanks for the answers, guys. I was leaning toward "bent billiard", so I'm going with it for now. Here it is with the rest of the "care package" from poorboy (this one is at the top center):

View attachment 585903

Andrew, I had dried the tobacco and it's not heavily saturated to begin with, so I'll just have to own the gurgle. :001_smile

I'm a motorcyclist and got that shirt right around the time gas was near $5/gallon in California (and I was working in the moto industry at the time).

Last edited:
Top Bottom