What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

OK guys, I'm back I've been out sick but finally smoked a bowl this morning, Sillem's Blue in my self-made Cherrywood Poker...
$IMG_0093.jpg

Yesterday was some plumcake in the Grabow. Now that it's had a chance to dry out a bit it was easier to smoke. Probably not my favorite tobacco though.

MacClelland "Mocha" (705?) in my "new" estate Dunhill Hardcastle.

I was a bit concerned by the metal stinger in the stem, but it was a nice, dry smoke.
I still need to completely clean and restore it, but that's going to have to wait a couple of weeks. It's quite smokeable now.

Firedance in my calabrasi. Thanks for the tip James! First pipe that made my wife come out to the garage and inspect what the "wonderful" smell was. Tasted good also. :)

Had some Dark Navy Flake from Just for Him in my Wellington tulip today. This was originally disappointing because I was looking for a bolder flavor (I mainly smoke on the porch). But after trying it inside due to the bitter weather, I found the room-note to be pretty nice for a non-aromatic & the flavor was much more fulfilling without the wind blowing it away.

McClelland's Nocturne in my gourd Calabash, Thanks Nick for the samples, damn you do like 'um strong, I prefer the Nocturne over the Penzance, they are both good but the Nocturne seems a bit sweeter.

Attachments

• $IMG_0465.jpg
    $IMG_0465.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Went down to Ogdensburg, NY to do some cheap cross border shopping.. Picked up a Middleton's cherry and 2 Missouri Meershaums for less than $20? wow! 50g of tobacco up here is over the price of that!

Had a pleasant bowl of Middleton in a straight Cob.. Pleasant surprise!

Dunhill EMP in the Savenelli Octavia on Saturday morning. This was my first morning bowl ever - wish I had time for a bowl every morning.

Two bowls after more than two weeks of being sick.

MacBaren's Virginia #1 in my Brebbia prince.
Lancer's Slice in Luciano chubby brandy nosewarmer.

I heart Lancer's Slice

Still breaking in my Spaniola freehand. I think I'm gonna keep mostly English with this pipe so this time so I'm currently smoking some Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend. Thanks for the reccomendation Blade Boy & for another good trade. :thumbup1: Nice smooth flavor & seems to smoke nice & cool.

Unfortunately it does seem this will mostly be an outside blend from here on. SWMBO has already blacklisted the room note on this one. I guess I'll step outside now...darn.

Top Bottom