What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Yeah I like Eileen's Dream with a nice cup of joe :)

I actually prefer coffee with my pipe and cigars regardless of the tobacco or cigar I'm smoking. I'm certainly not opposed to beer or spirits with either but coffee somehow just goes better for me.

Last night I tried Squadron Leader in my Savinelli Octavia. Must have been puffing too hard as it bit back quite a bit and killed my tongue!

May not be fall.. but a lovely smoke..
$photo-19.jpg

New pipe, new humidor & new tobacco tonight, My first Bulldog, a green Jeantet Roller pipe made in France, a Mac Baren SS Humidor and Mac Baren's Black Ambrosia tobacco...
$IMG_1119.jpg

Been a rough week, and it's been a couple days since I fired up. The wife & kiddo are out of town for the weekend, so I feel a smokeapalooza coming on. :w00t:

First bowl of the day is Solani Silver Flake (maybe my fave blend) in the Nording.

I attempted to smoke some Plumcake in a new, small briar pipe I just bought but the damned thing will not draw correctly. I'm going to have to try a different tobacco in it, and it doesn't work any better I'll have to take it to the tobacconist to see what they have to say.

Taking the meerschaum out to the garage try a sample of Sutliffe's Moulin Rouge I picked up the other day. Guy at the shop said he liked it, and it smells great in the bag. Review to follow...

This afternoon's delight. This is my first tin of the Orlick. It's really growing on me. There's nothing special about it in particular, it's just a really good smoking tobacco. Could be a cellar opening for this one.

Attachments

• $orlik.JPG
    $orlik.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 100
Laptop crapped out last night so I didn't post my POTD, but it was McClelland Navy Cavendish in the little no-name bent billiard. With me today at work is the remains of that Moulin Rouge, just about enough for a bowlful in the cob.

Today was my first Mac Baren 7 Seas (gold blend) in my trusty cob pipe. Good smoke noticed none of the "macbite" some people have problems with.

Charles Fairmorn Lancer's Slices in a Bari Wiking tonight... Sweet VA leaf mixed with a good amount of full & smokey Latakia. I must admit that the pungent smell of these flakes had me expecting a smoke similar to Penzance, but I found this to be a lighter tobacco. It isn't lacking in flavor by any means, just a lighter mix without the orientals. There is good balance here & I look forward to trying this blend again.

Top Bottom