What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

My wife wanted to get me a nice pipe for my upcoming birthday and I couldn't resist buying the smooth Peterson Yeats pipe (from the writer's collection).

$981_763_Smooth-Yeats-big.jpg
Started the break-in process with a quarter bowl of Confederation blend! :001_wub: This is an amazing local blend available from an old tobacco store here in Ottawa. They have been making it for over 50 years and I know there is a reason it is still around... It is fantastic..

Oh the new pipe is amazing too.. What a design!

Last edited:
Just For Him's "Shortcut To Mushrooms" in a German Hunter's Pipe I received today, It has a cherrywood stem, briar bowl and shank and a horn mouth piece, it appears to have been smoked maybe once or twice...
$IMG_0565.jpg

wow I have never seen a pipe like that. Thanks for sharing! How did it smoke?
I'm smoking it now, so far so good, cool and dry. I have wanted one of this for a while now and was wait for one at the right price, found it. I thought if it didn't smoke good I would hang it on the wall just for nostalgia, still trying to understand the whole string thing though.

It's a hunter's pipe. The string ties all three pieces together so you don't drop one or have to set it down to clean another part.

Second bowl of the evening, Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake in my no name rustic Italian Oom Paul, best flake I have had to date, sweet and mellow. Thanks for the info cb91710 I tought that but wasn't sure.

Just a speculation, but it makes sense. The wind cover indicates that it was made for outdoor use.

Then again, it may have no practical purpose and could be along the lines of a braid or a plaid and the color and design of the tassels may be of some family significance.

Two bowls today:w00t::

Squadron Leader in the Ben Wade this afternoon.

Just finished off a bowl of "New Orleans Rebirth" (a house blend I picked up when I was in town over Christmas) in the cob. This is a pleasant little aro that actually has some flavor, not just "flavoring". Quite enjoyable.

Top Bottom