What's new

Pipe Lighter PIF

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice entries everyone. Some of you have very interesting Japanese words/phrases. Luke, yours was funny :)

I will keep this open until March 1st. The lighter came on Saturday but I was out and the delivery man will most likely get it today after work.

I was thinking of not opening it and just sending the box that it comes in sealed. Is anyone opposed to this? It might be easier fo rme to send a lighter if it has never been opened. If you want me to open it an inspect it let me know (to the winner)

Your the PIFer, so it is ultimately your call. As you say, though, it may be easier to ship if unopened. If it has been opened the postal people might suspect that it has been fueled, and may not accept it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hopefully it translated how it was supposed to...

Everytime I look to google for translation, I am afraid I am going to get the same results as the Hungarian Phrase Book skit from Monte Python. "You have beautiful thighs" :biggrin:

I'm in!

1. You must have a BL Badge (no excepciones) - Check
2. You must be a resident of Earth (Worldwide shipping covered by me) - Check
3. Tell me about your pipe smoking - Tried a decade ago, never got the hang of it until joining B&B Brownleaf and picking up pointers.
a. What are you favorite types of leaf - Virginia, Latakia
b. In the genre of baccy, what are your favorite blends (name on the tin or bulk name) - Shortcut to Mushrooms, Orlik Golden Sliced
c. Do you designate pipes to certain types of baccy? (VA, VaPer, English etc.) - Yes
d. Look up 1 japanese word and include it in your post (Anything is ok) - If any more ADs take root, I may have to become hikikomori.

I'm not in as I already have a great lighter but as it's such a great pif I really should contribute.

1: I'm meant to have a badge. Not sure if the Admins ever fixed that up?

2: Google "Noosa surf" and you may find I'm located at heaven on earth. ;-) So... Does that count?

3: I really don't get to smoke much, anywhere from once a week some weeks to 6 or 7 times a week in a lucky period. I just love it though, it's one of life's treats and although I'm disappointed I found it late after all these years I'm so glad I found it. Pipe smoking is me time, it's a skilful art to master and a great collectors hobby too!

A: latakia, latakia, latakia. I am getting into blends with perique lately and have been trying my luck with some burleigh also. Latakia is my lovely, smokey, burned rubber, fresh road tar, molasses maid and I'm so glad I found her.

B: Funny enough after all the rant above my faves at present are Frog Morton Original, SG Balkan Flake (tin note of the gods for me), Orlik Golden Sliced and last but far from least, Three Oaks Syrian.

C: I only have three pipes so can't really but I am using each pipe for what I consider light, medium and heavy blends. Seems to be working so far.

D: タバコ
Tabako

Love reading your posts all. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Gonna keep this open till Sunday and then draw a winner then. And for all of you BL vets, get you entries in or else! :c2:

I'll contribute this though... and graciously give a version without subtitles. Gotta love South Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I look to google for translation, I am afraid I am going to get the same results as the Hungarian Phrase Book skit from Monte Python. "You have beautiful thighs" :biggrin:

:lol: I was completely dependent on Google, so I could have said anything!

Wicked PIF, I'm in!

1. I have that badge, well at least for the next 999 years
2. Last I checked I still resided on the plant earth. Head in the clouds, but feet firmly planted on the ground.
3. Very new to pipe smoking. I restore straight razors as my main hobby so I had the equipment needed for estate pipe restored and just got myself an old pipe stand and some old ratty pipes from my dad's neighbor and got to work. Got them restored as much as possible and that's what started with. I recently got some MM Cobs and really enjoy their functionality and I'm in the carve your own pipe contest as well.

As far as preferred baccy is concerned I was immediately hooked on Latakia blends. My first baccy was GL Pease Abingdon which was provided to me by a friend down the street (more pipe experience than me). I've recently been enjoying Triple Play by Pease and Stave Aged by McClelland, and at the moment the latter would be my favorite.

I currently don't designate pipes to specific baccy selections, but it sounds like something I would do.

パイプ
Paipu
It's suppose to mean pipe, not surf if there is a differentiation between a water pipe and a smoking pipe, but this is my submission.

Thanks again for the awesome PIF, very generous.

I just did this now. Sorry for the delay! Driftwood you were entered but another member is the winner.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393900479.676592.jpg

Congratulations Spazchowww!

PM sent for your deets!

Top Bottom