What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF No.2 (relisted) for Those Who Are Serious About Getting Into Straight Razor Shaving - Not CONUS or Canada

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
PIF No. 2A

NOT AVAILABLE TO CONUS OR CANADA RESIDENTS

First in WINS!

If you are serious about getting in to traditional straight razor shaving, this could be the PIF for you. To show that you are really serious, you will need to first put together at least a 0.1µm diamond pasted balsa strop before entering. The PIF is a new shave-ready (to my standard) Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 with African Blackwood scales.

This PIF will be awarded to the first entry meeting all of the following rule requirements. The PIF includes a denim 60mm wide strop, PU leather travel case and international shipping via standard postal parcel service (2 to 4 weeks delivery time) with tracking.

IMG_20220701_145736.jpg

IMG_20220525_103957.jpg

IMG_20220701_145952.jpg

IMG_20220701_145918.jpg

IMG_20220701_152953.jpg

IMG_20220701_153019.jpg
Rules to be awarded this PIF:
  1. Not open to residents of the continental USA or Canada.​
  2. You must have been a member of B&B on 30 June 2022.​
  3. You must not previously have owned a traditional straight razor.​
  4. You must post in this thread "I'm in" together with a photo (including your screen name and date in your own handwriting) of your 300mm x 75mm (12" x 3") balsa strop on proper substrate and tube of 0.1µm diamond or CBN ppaste.​
  5. It is your responsibility to meet all your country's customs duties, taxes and charges and to ensure that your country's customs service allow a straight razor into your country via post.​
  6. Winner will be notified via PM on B&B.​
Instructions on how to make your pasted balsa strop(s) can be found in Annex II of the latest revision of the Traditional Straight Razor Instructions.

This SR has the following particulars:
  • Blade material = high carbon steel
  • Blade hardness = approximately 60 RHC
  • Edge length = 69mm
  • Edge condition = shave-ready (to my standard finishing on 0.1µm, approx. 200k grit, diamond pasted balsa)
  • Blade width = 21mm (13/16)
  • Blade thickness = 0.17mm at top of bevel
  • Grind = half hollow
  • Point = Dutch (round)
  • Stabiliser = none
  • Mass = 66g
  • Smile = 1.5mm
  • Jimps = underside of shank only
  • Tail length = 21mm when opened 270°
  • Balance (opened 180°) = 9mm from pivot towards blade
  • Spine thickness = 5.96mm
  • Spine decoration = none
  • Bevel angle = 18.1°
  • Scales material = African Ebony timber Lazer etched both sides
  • Scales width at pivot = 14.5mm
  • Spacer = parallel - timber
  • Pins = brass (2)
  • Scales thickness (max.) = 14.6mm at about mid-length
  • Length overall (closed) = 157mm
  • Length overall (open 180°) =243mm
  • Height overall (closed) = 23.8mm
  • Packaging =PU leather zippered travel case
  • Face markings =aas shown
  • Back markings = none
  • Shank stamping = none
If you miss out on this PIF, all will not be lost as I have two more shave-ready SRs to PIF after this one is gone.

I am already a SR user but I'd love to try one of your edges. Of course I'd happily your expenses and I also live in Australia.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am already a SR user but I'd love to try one of your edges. Of course I'd happily your expenses and I also live in Australia.
I likewise would like to try one of your edges. I have only ever shaved with my own edges, except for an S.K. Colling custom and Ralf Aust. Both of those were not to my acceptable standard so they received a little more love.

I will PM you later today when the JW calls us from labour to refreshment to see if we can work something out.

Last edited:
You might have to w
I likewise would like to try one of your edges. I have only ever shaved with my own edges, except for an S.K. Colling custom and Ralf Aust. Both of those were not to my acceptable standard so they received a little more love.

I will PM you later today when the JW calls us from labour to refreshment to see if we can work something out.
ait a bit as I have yet to start honing. I've been using SRs and shavettes for around seven years, with most of my shaving being with the latter.

Once I get myself sorted out there I'll be sure to do a trade.

Oh so you are also a travelling man? Wow. Such a small world. I am in the South in my Lodge, and about to head west and then east after that. I am about to join a military Lodge in which I will be minding the door. :)

Congrats to whomever puts together that diamond pasted balsa strop first! Looks like a great PIF! I’d enter but I’m one of those pesky CONUS folks that get access to all the other PIFs. 😁🤙

Someone jump on this!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The SR is packed and ready to go. All I need is for someone to put together a suitable 0.1μm pasted balsa strop.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This PIF is closed.

I will now keep this SR and include it in my normal rotation.

Top Bottom