What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Shave-ready SR + postage (worldwide)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Up for grabs is a new much sort-after rare and converted 2023 model OEM Gold Dollar 66 (not a knockoff) straight razor that has been honed to shave-ready. Being the current model, no heel/stabiliser correction is required.

IMG_20230614_063625.jpg

IMG_20230614_063544.jpg

This razor has been finished on an Adaee #12000 Cnat with soluble oil solution lubricant. It has been shave tested and found to be almost as keen as a diamond pasted balsa edge and a little more comfortable.

I autoclave my whole head before and after each shave. If you are scared to catch one of my communicable diseases, you can sterilize the SR yourself. This razor would be ideal for a person beginning their SR journey but is not limited to such persons.

To win this fine example of the razorsmith's art, you must first use some skill to determine how much dried dog food Levy, my Australian Kelpie dog, will eat from 2023 June 14, 0800 UTC to 2023 June 21, 0800 UTC (7 days).

To help you in this determining the correct answer, Levy is a 2½ years old desexed female Australian Kelpie dog weighing 19.8kg. She only eats dry dog food when she can't find enough "fresh" meat lying around the farm. In the last 24 hours, Levy ate 137g of dry dog food.

Conditions Of Entry:
  1. You must be a current member of B&B as at 2023 June 13, 2359 UTC.
  2. You are prepared and willing to pay postage cost (listed below) within 48 hours if you win this PIF.
  3. You will be responsible for the legality of importing this SR into your country and paying all associated duties, taxes and fees levied in your country.
  4. Entries close Wednesday 2023 June 21 at 0800 UTC.
How to Enter:
Reply in this thread with "I'm in" followed by the amount of dry dog food (in grams) that Levy eats in the 7 days and your country of residence.​
E.g.​
I'm in, 682g, Austria​
Nearest to the correct mass of dry dog food will be the winner. Winner will be announced on this thread and notified via B&B PM. The winner will then have 48 hours to pay the postage via PayPal (G&S), otherwise a new winner will be selected.​
Postage Cost (including tracking where available):
  • Australia = US$3.00 (1 to 2 weeks)​
  • New Zealand = US$14.50 (2 to 3 weeks)​
  • Asia/Pacific = US$14.50 (3 to 5 weeks)​
  • US & Canada = US$20.00 (2 to 3 weeks)​
  • UK, Europe & Brazil = US$24.00 (3 to 5 weeks)​
  • Rest of world = US$29.00 (2 to 5 weeks)​

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Straight Razor Technical Details:
  • Make: Gold Dollar
  • Model: 66
  • Country of manufacture: Peoples Republic of China
  • Blade material : carbon steel
  • Grind: full hollow
  • Point: Dutch (round)
  • Size: ⅞ (21mm)
  • Bevel angle: 16.8°
  • Edge length: 69mm
  • Stabiliser: 1xsingle each side
  • Jimps: bottom of shank
  • Tail length (opened 270°): 24mm
  • Scales material: ABS plastic
  • Scales width at pivot pin: 12.5mm
  • Scales thickness overall: 11mm max.
  • Pins: nickel alloy x 2
  • Balance point (opened 180°): 28mm from pivot pin towards blade
  • Length closed: 161mm
  • Length openb180°: 249mm
  • Mass: 58g
  • Face marking: painted as shown
    IMG_20230614_185235.jpg

• Shank marking: as shown
    IMG_20230614_185137.jpg

Respectfully not in this generous PIF. I would love to master a SR, but arthritis would make safely holding a SR a challenge.

Cool PDF, but I am sure I would cut my throat, and bleed to death. Straights, and I do not mix well.

Good luck to those In for this PDF.

Thanks for this very generous PIF.

I'm in, 1013 grams, United States.

Here are my two companions. While they don't get to enjoy roaming a farm as Levy does, they do enjoy roaming the backyard and the Appalachian mountains when we go on hikes.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    1,010 KB · Views: 6
Inventive PIF! :thumbup1:

Respectfully not in, as my experience with shavettes indicates that I would get poor shaves with it. I have great respect for those who can use SRs effectively.

That said, I can't resist throwing in a guess just for fun.
So....I'm not in, but Levy will eat 939g, USA.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... I have great respect for those who can use SRs effectively.
It takes a month or more of daily SR shaves to be able to shave with one effectively. Many say that shavette shaving is less forgiving than a traditional SR. From my experience I would say that they are similar but different.

If desired by the winner, I will include SR Shaving Instructions for Beginners specifically tailored for this PIF.

It takes a month or more of daily SR shaves to be able to shave with one effectively. Many say that shavette shaving is less forgiving than a traditional SR. From my experience I would say that they are similar but different.

If desired by the winner, I will include SR Shaving Instructions for Beginners specifically tailored for this PIF.
Well, I shave daily, and emerged un-bloodied every time I tried it. My cheeks were easy, but on my neck the ATG direction is right-to-left. The blade on a SR or shavette is just too long to fit between my chest and my chin. I can go at a ****-eyed angle but if I do that, I just don't get a shave as close as I'd like. AC razors such as an Occam's Razor or an ATT SE just fit. A standard DE or an injector work perfectly.

She came home last night with a dead wallaby. Stank to high heaven. Probably road-kill.

Needless to say, it went straight into the wheelie bin and out for collection early this morning.

Ugh I can only imagine. One of mine likes to roll around on any dead animal we come across in the woods. There was one dead possum that somehow managed to avoid decomposition for about 7 months. Nasty smell though.

As to Levy's hunting abilities, I just figure she stays hungry running around a farm all day and would eat just about whatever is put out. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom