What's new

PICS/VIDEOS ADDED Prayers for (members & country) Japan

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
my mom is up in Aomori prefecture just north of where the earthquake hit. I'm assuming the infrastructure is totally messed up where she is but it doesn't make me feel any better if I can't get through to see if she's alright. she lives pretty close to the coast, so if a tsunami did hit her city she'd be in a lot of danger
gaseousclay:
Any news about your Mom? :blushing:

Christopher

As Spivey pointed out my wife and I are OK. I'm happy to report that the base in Northern Japan is safe. We have our share of problems but no reported fatalities or serious injuries.

Looks like some disturbing things are going on at some of the nuclear plants that have power and backup power gone...hope initial reports aren't true.

Need more information before getting too excited, but Japan could sure use a break right now.

Unfortunately it looks even worse than expected.

Japan could use a break but the news is saying the nuke plant is in worse shape than first thought.

Much worse. The cooling system is down at the plant in Fukushima and the Diesel generators that are used as backup for the cooling system were swept out to sea by the Tsunami. They confirmed that there was an explosion, it appears some material has started to melt and radiation is leaking. They've evacuated a 20km area.

my mom is up in Aomori prefecture just north of where the earthquake hit. I'm assuming the infrastructure is totally messed up where she is but it doesn't make me feel any better if I can't get through to see if she's alright. she lives pretty close to the coast, so if a tsunami did hit her city she'd be in a lot of danger

Where at in Aomori Prefecture? I live in Aomori Prefecture. She is likely OK. We are without power and phones/cell phones have been a mess but no serious injuries have been reported in around Aomori. Two prefectures are without power and our water is non-potable. Hang in there. I hear power is starting to come back in parts of Northern Aomori.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just tried calling my mom and I couldn't get through. I'm hoping it's only the powerlines that are down. this sucks

I hope you manage to get a hold of her soon. And I hope she's okay.

Rob, Dave and Craig -

Glad to hear you guys are safe.

I can't believe the images I've seen on television.

I'm sure were all glad that they're safe. The devastation from the quake and the resulting tsunami looks absolutely horrible with the images coming out of Japan. I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse. The explosion at the nuclear plant in Fukushima earlier wasn't reassuring though.

I have stood among the total devastation of tornados. I have stood among the devastation of massive flooding. I have stood next to the devestation of 9/11. But even with those experiences I cannot imagine being in the devestion that I am seeing from that earthquake and the tsunami. Simply unreal. I can only hope for the best for Japan.

The images and videos coming into the news are simply unbelievable. unfathomable. Its sad to see people's lives' changed so much so quickly. I've heard that the nuclear power plant (Fukoshima) is leaking radiation hourly at the rate that is allowed in a year. I really hope they get everything under control and can begin the recovery process soon. I also am praying they find the thousands of missing and reunite them with their families.

Makes you realize how unpredictable life truly is.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My Heart reaches out to Japan
proxy.php
and it is my opinion that now it is the time for the Emperor (and Mikado), of Japan, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Akihito to say some calming words of support for His subjects and people in their most trying hour of need, prayer and to provide continuity and reassurance to the Japanese people and tourist alike regardless of official protocol. :blushing:

Christopher 我々の祈とうはあなたと一緒です

Attached Images - His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Akihito and the Imperial Seal of Japan.

The news from the Fukushima nuclear plants sounds grim indeed. It is hard to get any conclusive information, and there are many conflicting official statements being made. However, it seems like one reactor is in bad shape and another may also be severely damaged. My sense is that the Japanese government will avoid making any definitive statements as long as possible. I hope that things turn out well, but I fear for the worst.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Rob, Dave and Craig -

Glad to hear you guys are safe.

I can't believe the images I've seen on television.

I do not know anyone in Japan, then I thought yes I do. It is amazing how you start to think of people on a forum as friends. I really am glad you guys are all ok.

The nuclear situation sounds very scary. I hope the things they are doing works. My thoughts are with all of the country, and with everyone with friends or family in Japan.

Quake was upgraded to a 9.0 based on additional readings/information.

More and more people are getting their power back.

Aid workers have started to arrive.

Water in my area has been deemed potable.

The news from the Fukushima nuclear plants sounds grim indeed. It is hard to get any conclusive information, and there are many conflicting official statements being made. However, it seems like one reactor is in bad shape and another may also be severely damaged. My sense is that the Japanese government will avoid making any definitive statements as long as possible. I hope that things turn out well, but I fear for the worst.

Supposedly the Fukushima reactor is being cooled by seawater and things are looking better. Allegedly radiation levels are dropping.

Casualty reports and missing persons are on the rise daily.

We've had over 200 smaller quakes since the big one on Friday.

Last edited:
Any word of your mom yet? I can't imagine what you're going through.

still not getting through. the line went from dead to an automated response. my guess is that the power companies are still trying to get things up and running amidst all the chaos. according to the reports i've read, no tsunami has been reported where she lives, only power outages and some damage to the infrastructure.

still not getting through. the line went from dead to an automated response. my guess is that the power companies are still trying to get things up and running amidst all the chaos. according to the reports i've read, no tsunami has been reported where she lives, only power outages and some damage to the infrastructure.

The tsunami reached as far North as Misawa but the damage was coastal/negligible.

Phone companies (especially cell) have been intermittent and the mass influx of calls from all over the world pretty well has the lines tied up.

How's your Japanese? You might be able to get in touch with her via the police department or the community association in her neighborhood. If you can't get through to her, PM me and maybe I can help out.

A 9.0 quake is the equivalent of 474 megatons. That is 36,498x more powerful than the "little boy" atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

77 x Hiroshima = 1 Megaton.

How's your Japanese? You might be able to get in touch with her via the police department or the community association in her neighborhood. If you can't get through to her, PM me and maybe I can help out.

Or me I live in the same town.

Top Bottom