What's new

Phoenixkh: An Old Man's Continuum....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We were quietly enjoying a morning walk down the walkway that extends all along the beaches here.. for mile and miles of all the Sanur beaches when I noticed the Taz sculpture.... quite different from the Taj shaving handles we see around B&B.

"He" is immediately sitting along the beach side of the path..... As you can see from the photo... the boats in the background... and the beach in between... Taz isn't for sale as he is firmly planted in the sand... And he isn't doing that ostrich thing, either...

I guess whoever the sculptor/carvers are they must have figured "Go BIG or go home"... and obviously didn't listen
to this little lady

200w-10.gif

In some of the journals it feels like a more relaxed and conversational space. You kinda know you’re talking to a more limited audience who know each other a little better, so you can be more free, for example, in saying what you really think about gear without having to be so careful to make everything balanced and caveated to avoid unintentionally misleading someone. And you can have a bit of fun sometimes and go off-topic, because there isn’t really a topic.

I’m still slightly aghast that Kim indulged his phallus fetish here, but I think we all know him a little better as a result, and that’s cool. 😉

I started out mainly in the journals before realizing there was another world here in other threads, like discussions about coffee. The journals are where I've made my online B&B friends and we've contributed to warping each other. Who knew we'd go from taking about razors to eventually large wooden phalluses.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't but every store here that carries wood carvings has models that even embarrass me... not an easy feat.... We've considered buying a couple as gag gifts but thought better of it each time the thought enters our minds.

Your "conversation starter" could well turn into a "conversation ender" with several of them.

What I find even more odd.... We've flown in and out of the Denpasar Airport here in Bali... It's a mostly Hindu island, so this kind of artwork is normal and is in all the airport shops. The strangest thing is when you fly out of an airport from one of the mostly Muslim islands like Java... and the same Balinese artwork is sold in the airport shops there. Immediate culture shock....

Top Bottom