What's new

Pen Review: Danitrio Cum Laude (Cumlaude)

That sounds great, Gary. Please let us know once you get those nibs back. Letta is currently turning a broad nib into a cursive italic (not as crisp as a straight italic) for me. I can't wait to get that pen back. I'm sure Mike does great work, too. I'll likely send him a nib to grind one day.

-Andy

Got an email from Mike Wednesday about some questions on my nib work. Responded and then he finished them and put them in the mail to me. I expect them tomorrow or Monday.
I had three pens with him and had him smooth the nibs and make them write a little wetter. I am anxious to see how they feel as two are Sailors, one with an EF and one with an MF. Both wrote dry and were scratchy.
pI will post results as soon as I have the pens inked and exercised. This is my first experience with Mike, I have heard only good things about his work.:thumbup1:

Regarding the Cum Laude, I installed the Knox F nib, inked it with Diamine and WOW. :lol:What a great and smooth writer, just perfect. I really like the girth on the barrel and section. Next step is to try out the OBB when my convertor runs dry.

stay tuned....

The pens arrived from Mike today.
Mike did a terrific job. I highly recommend him for nib work. He is very good, very economical and relatively quick.
He smoothed my Sailor 1911 EF and increased the ink flow. It writes very smooth now and the nib even has a bit of softness to it.
Mike also did the same thing to my Sailor Professional in MF and it now writes smooth and wet.
i had him fix a flat nib and skipping and hard start on my only Mont Blanc, it's a 149. It came back as a bit finer nib per my request and much wetter and still smooth.

I must say that IMHO the MB149 is overrated. The Cum Laude is more comfortable, writes just as smooth with the Knox nib and as an eyedropper, holds the same amount of ink. The MB pen was a commemoration for a successful business venture. I am really a Pelikan guy so this will be my first and last MB.

if you need nib work, Mike should be at the top of your list.

Good to hear, Gary. Thanks for the info. The Knox OBB nibs would be better if ground to a stub or smooth cursive italic, unless you like a giant ball of iridium. I couldn't tell a difference between an OBB and OB Knox.

-Andy

Top Bottom