What's new

Peet's Coffee

Bump. I had tried Peet’s Major Dickinson’s Blend at a local deli many times. They brewed it in a commercial drip machine. My reaction was always “Eh. It’s ok.” I bought a bag of whole beans and made my first batch this morning in a french press and OMG. It was absolutely delicious. I can’t remember reacting this way to any of the other coffees I’ve been brewing in my french press. I have an entire bag to enjoy before arriving at any conclusions but this stuff is the real deal.
Yikes! Major Dickason's in a commercial drip machine? :001_cool: Just wow. I hope this Deli has other redeeming features because coffee brewing is not among them. I grew up and lived for years near the original Peets and Major Dickason's has always been a favorite of mine. Wonderful rich coffee when brewed correctly.

Yikes! Major Dickason's in a commercial drip machine? :001_cool: Just wow. I hope this Deli has other redeeming features because coffee brewing is not among them. I grew up and lived for years near the original Peets and Major Dickason's has always been a favorite of mine. Wonderful rich coffee when brewed correctly.

Fortunately this deli is quite simply amazing. And people aren't going there for their coffee. You can barely get inside the joint during lunchtime which is when they do the majority of their business. It isn't an ethnic deli so it doesn't cater to jewish or italian foods. It just "is". People go there from far and wide. But I am so glad I found the whole beans and decided to give them a try. It's been hours since I finished off that first carafe and I'm still blown away. Can't wait until tomorrow morning. This may just put my new Moka Express into a cabinet. I had also bought a tin of Medaglia D'Oro to try in it so this may just demarcate a little competition between the two. Clearly I have way too much time on my hands.

Another fan of Peet’s Major Dickason roast. Not overly dark but robust and perfect for that first cup in the morning. I grind the beans and use a French press. Always a great cup.

Another fan of Peet’s Major Dickason roast. Not overly dark but robust and perfect for that first cup in the morning. I grind the beans and use a French press. Always a great cup.

Yesterday I made it again and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Made the same way. Beans ground in a Baratza Virtuoso (setting 30) and brewed in a french press. This morning I tried the Medaglia D’Oro in the Moka Express. Just not the same. Tomorrow I’m going back to the Peet’s.

Peet's is the best! I switched to decaf several years ago because I found myself unable to sleep without a booze assist (really bad lifestyle plan). Anyway, discovering Peet's was revalatory. No one carries any Peet's decaf in whole bean form around here, so I order direct from them anytime they offer free shipping. They ship within 24 hours of roasting, so I always get it less than a week old. Really freshly roasted beans is where it's at. Mocha Java is my favorite, followed closely by Major Dickinson.

Peet's is the best! I switched to decaf several years ago because I found myself unable to sleep without a booze assist (really bad lifestyle plan). Anyway, discovering Peet's was revalatory. No one carries any Peet's decaf in whole bean form around here, so I order direct from them anytime they offer free shipping. They ship within 24 hours of roasting, so I always get it less than a week old. Really freshly roasted beans is where it's at. Mocha Java is my favorite, followed closely by Major Dickinson.

I’m going to have to try some Mocha Java next. Thanks for the tip.

I’m a little ticked. Not at Peet’s. At Shoprite. I bought my first bag of Peet’s Major Dickson’s whole bean at Shoprite. It blew me away so I was shopping and wanted to pick up another bag since I was going through the first bag pretty quickly. And what do I find??? No whole bean Major Dickson’s anywhere. So I thought I would ask where you all get your Peet’s?

I’m a little ticked. Not at Peet’s. At Shoprite. I bought my first bag of Peet’s Major Dickson’s whole bean at Shoprite. It blew me away so I was shopping and wanted to pick up another bag since I was going through the first bag pretty quickly. And what do I find??? No whole bean Major Dickson’s anywhere. So I thought I would ask where you all get your Peet’s?

Shop Rite, Kings Supermarket

Hah, one of the benefits of living in the Bay Area is that you're never more than a couple minutes away from a Peets!
Even the local Costco's always have fresh roasted bags of Peets beans on the shelf, never more than a week old at most.

Just picked up a bag of Major Dickason's blend ground in store, roasted on 4/26/2018. Haven't had it in a few years but this thread reminded me how much I liked it last time.

Picked some of this up on a business trip to bring home to Canada.....absolutely fantastic coffee....will be ordering more!!!

Top Bottom