What's new

Paper or Plastic?

I like taking my new, unused DE blades out the all-too-common cardboard tucks and putting them into the less common plastic boxes. Each of the plastic boxes I have holds ten blades so there's less clutter, generally speaking and I really like how they spit out blades... Like a Pez dispenser! Of course transferring blades from paper to plastic takes a few minutes but that doesn't really bother me.

I suppose I'm alone in this?
Plastic Box.jpg

Ahhh... That's better!

I like the plastic tucks with the slot in the rear for old blade disposal. Looks like most manufacturers are moving to the paper tucks for cost and environmental reasons. Figured out how to use both sides of the plastic tuck box for disposal of 30-35 old blades given I've currently a mix of both tuck types. Just tape up when full and place in a local sharps disposal station.

I like taking my new, unused DE blades out the all-too-common cardboard tucks and putting them into the less common plastic boxes. Each of the plastic boxes I have holds ten blades so there's less clutter, generally speaking and I really like how they spit out blades... Like a Pez dispenser! Of course transferring blades from paper to plastic takes a few minutes but that doesn't really bother me.

I suppose I'm alone in this?
View attachment 1731336
Ahhh... That's better!

You’re not alone in doing that. I transfer any blades that come in the flimsy paper tucks to the plastic ones

Brilliant! I have been trying to think of a way to keep track of my blade rotation without alot of trouble. Right now I have about 6 tucks in an old Barbisol shave cream jar, after about 3 blades I can't remember the first. This will keep them stacked in an order I can't screw up :cool:

+1! Yep! For me it is all about the blades not the packaging! But what do I know?:popc::popc:
It's not really about the packaging vs. the blade for me, either; it's about keeping my preferred blades, which happen to come in paper, stored more conveniently and in half as many containers. Containers that disburse blades... Like a Pez dispenser. I really can't emphasize the last part too strongly.

When I saw the thread title I thought I was in the grocery check out lane! They always ask, paper or plastic? :001_smile

As far as DE blades, it makes no never mind where they are to me.

Top Bottom