What's new

Palmolive shave stick vs. Mennen shave stick (Oz)

So which one do we buy?

The tallow one of course ! :001_smile

( Then again, better wait to see how it goes in the morning )

Ian, the date was inside the package in my case. Look at one of the end of the package, printed in black. I can post a picture if it can give you a better idea...

So, that's a 100gr stick?

Nope, nothing on the inside of the packet at all ( I found the one on the "standard" Mennen ) and it's a 50gr stick.

There's probably about 12 of these sticks on the shelf. Dunno if I should go and buy their entire stock !!!

Last edited:
Maybe someone in marketing has been checking out this forum and decided to change from 'smells like a urinal cake' Mennen to neutral Palmolive...

(Not that I think it smells bad... smells like soap to me).

Enjoy the research!!

Michael.

I swear I had a stick of Mennen from last year! I think a trip to Coles is in order.

All this talk about shave sticks. Meh. You bunch of enablers.

Just finished shaving using the palmiolve shave stick. Not a bad product. Got a good shave. Lathers well with my boar brush. I think the performance is the same as the Mennen.

BTW Ian, I think you may have hit the jackpot with the Fiji made stick. It seems like a superior product.

Shaved with the Fiji Mennen this morning.

Now don't forget I've only shaved with the "standard" Mennen once ( the day before ).

The Fiji Mennen created what I believe to be a much thicker and more cushioning lather than the other. I suppose that isn't too much of suprise given that this one contains tallow ( and maybe it's purely psychological )

The "standard" Mennen to me dried too quickly, but no such problems with the Fiji Mennen.

Should I go and buy the whole box ??? :001_smile

p.s. strangely enough when I went to clean my Omega 21047 the bristles had a squeaky/clean feeling to them. I get this with La Toja as well. Does anyone else find that some soaps make their bristle feel cleaner than others ?

Last edited:
group buy on the whole box!

its basically the perfect soap. full of delicious tallow, with that mennen scent we all love :p

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I was thinking, anyone have the Palmolive shaving cream (the one made in Oz)? I think it might be an idea to compare the ingredients... Just a thought...

I was thinking, anyone have the Palmolive shaving cream (the one made in Oz)? I think it might be an idea to compare the ingredients... Just a thought...

I've got the cream in my rotation. It is nice stuff. I'll compare the ingredients when I get home today.

Here are the ingredients for the Palmolive shave cream:

Water, potassium stearate, potassium palmitate, potassium cocoate, glycerin, sorbitol, glucose, fragrance, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, sodium borate, sodium silicate, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, CI 11680, CI 74260, CI 77266

Luc

Staff member
Not the exact same but close... Thanks Rocco!

Mmm, woke up late this morning.
Ran down to wake up the lazy kids.
Soaked my brush
Jumped in the shower for a quick wash
Reached for the Arko and then changed my mind and took out the Tallow Mennen.
Shave stick, face lathered with #21, 3 shave Feather and Vintage Kent reknotted Finest
Two passes ( normally 3 ) and a quick cleanup - BBS !!! :001_smile

I'm almost out of 'baccy so probably go down and scope out how much Tallow Mennen there is this week. Stay tuned.

"Tallow Mennen-gitis ALMOST more appealing than Viral Meningitis !!!:001_tongu"

Last edited:
struggle to buy mennen shave stick in the uk. but the palmolive stick rreadily available i paid 45 pence about 75 cents this week bargin

Here`s the situation in Bundaberg: Coles had only Mennen, same as the the usual one, Woolies had only the new Palmolive labeled shave stick, IGA had an almost empty (2 sticks remaining in the box) Mennen box on top of a full but opened box of the new Palmolive shave stick.

The stick Ian posted the photo of has a different outer wrapper, it has "the traditional shave" printed on the label, I bought both a Palmolive and a Mennen stick today neither has "the traditional shave" printed on them. Maybe Ian`s stick is NOS or they (the manufacturer) have altered the formula of the stick to cash in on the worldwide traditional wet shaving boom currently sweeping the globe. Add a little tallow and bump the price a couple of bucks, after all it gives "the traditional shave"... and that has to be worth something:wink:

Stephen.

struggle to buy mennen shave stick in the uk. but the palmolive stick rreadily available i paid 45 pence about 75 cents this week bargin

You are lucky to that that quality product readily available so cheap. I love my Euro Palmolive. 75 cents for that makes you wonder how some high end soaps justify their price.

Luc

Staff member
Right, I tried the Mennen shave stick (Oz) this morning. Lather wasn't explosive but all right. Scent is very close to the Palmolive shaving cream (Oz).

Tomorrow, Palmolive shaving stick (Oz) and then Mennen shaving stick (Fiji).

Luc

Staff member
Try #2 - Palmolive stick.

I only have one conclusion, those two (Mennen stick/Palmolive stick) are the same! I guess the scent was a bit different as it wasn't wet.

Tomorrow - Mennen (Tallow from Fiji)!

I will review those in the review section when I have more experience with them... of course!

Luc

Staff member
Last stick...

Mennen Tallow from Fiji...

Better lather than the other 2. Scent? Mmm, unsure. It might be like tabac and I need to use it a bit for the scent to be there as right now, it's a mild Palmolive/Mennen scent with a strong 'Play-doh' scent!

Good stuff!

Top Bottom