What's new

PAL Adjustable - poor man's Cobra

I received my PAL Adjustable today and first thought was....so that's where the Cobra design comes from - there's the smooth flowing metal back, there's the slightly odd and triangular ridged grip side.

Loading mechanism is easier than a Cobra and a Personna 74 was the obvious choice.

This is where the second characteristic comes in. The WTG passes just wiped their way through. I haven't had that since my first dance with the Cobra.

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
And it cost me less than a fifth of a new Cobra.

Any other fans?

Their problem is similar to the first feather as de, one may shave great and one barely does a thing. It is strange.

I have one that I like, have only used a few times though.

For those who do use them and like them, how would you rate their aggressive-ness at each of the levels; how much do you notice the adjuster changing your shave? I have pretty much only used the middle level (read somewhere that some only work well on the middle setting for some reason), but just wondering what to expect as I start to experiment.

Thanks,

I played around a bit during shave, but too soon to tell. Plus,only you know your own face. Experiment!

Second shave in - left on High.
Even better than the first.

Only two black marks against the razor - it feels very light, and the triangular cross section of the handle can make holding a little awkward.
right now though, it's up there with the C2. I constantly worry about getting water inside the C2 and rusting, so started using it more sparingly. The PAL makes a more than adequate daily driver.

I have one on my rotation set on high,gives me a great shave. does not feel hyperaggresive to me. maybe like a gillette new lc.

When I'm in a hurry, I use the PAL adjustable over my Fatips, 2011 R41, and other SE's. I use a CJB and Feather AC SS, so I like my razors aggressive. My PAL on high is just as aggressive as the 2011 R41, but much smoother.

My PAL on high is just as aggressive as the 2011 R41, but much smoother.

Maybe because it is indeed smoother I don't feel mine set on High as aggressive as the 2011 R41. I will pay more attention next time I use it. I use a steeper angle with the PAL. I think if you do a shallow angle it would be very aggressive as the skin would just get pushed into the gap if not careful.

I find the only similarity between the PAL and Cobra is the appearance.

Weight and feel in the hand are completely different.

Cobra covers almost twice the area per pass as any injector because of the longer disposable straight blade it uses.

I find it to be a nice injector and I uses mine occasionally (as often as I use any of my injectors)

Second shave in - left on High.
Even better than the first. (snip!) right now though, it's up there with the C2. I constantly worry about getting water inside the C2 and rusting, so started using it more sparingly. The PAL makes a more than adequate daily driver.
OK, new acronym there: "C2" ?

Third.shave in, because things have been hectic..
Swept through three days growth in the shower like it wasn't there.

Top Bottom