What's new

Out of the mouths of babes....A 5 y old boy's sniff test of a couple creams

My 7 year old said cella smelled like "candy", Tabac was just a "no", and Lilac Veg. was "Vanilla and gross"

that's awesome...

i haven't smelled the Lilac Veg, but "Vanilla Gross" doesn't sound like one i'll persue.m

now we are really finding out what they fancy creams/soaps should be named.

My 6 year old daughter prefers the smell of Proraso ultra sensitive, My lady likes TOBS Sandalwood the best, and I like my AOS Sandalwood the best, go figure.

I hope you sent the original post to QCS to use as a customer testimonial. :lol: "Youngsters agree, smells like sticks!"

Non-US thread participants, what do you mean by Fruit Loops? I'm certain you don't mean the Kellogg's cereal based on some comments. Which is probably good because I can't imagine burying my face in lather that smelled that way.

I hope you sent the original post to QCS to use as a customer testimonial. :lol: "Youngsters agree, smells like sticks!"

Non-US thread participants, what do you mean by Fruit Loops? I'm certain you don't mean the Kellogg's cereal based on some comments. Which is probably good because I can't imagine burying my face in lather that smelled that way.

No, i didn't send to QCS, but it is my new "signature"....

as for the Fruit Loops comparison, yup...it was the cereal they were comparing it to. i can kind of see it, it has taken on a different scent then when i 1st got it. i guess the use of it, airing out etc. they were definetely not KO'd with the medicinal or noxeema smell that others say.

and it's funny, now that they said "fruit loops" and "stick" it's what i smell when i take a whiff now too.

it's all good and by no means meant for this info to be taken as their "true scents"....these are 2 boys after all.

MdC smells more like formalin than Fruit Loops cereal to me.

YMMV, I guess. Prolly the kid never took a medical school anatomy class.........

Last edited:
Maybe its different here in the UK - they are definitely chewy sweets here. Never seen a fruit flavoured cereal here other than cereals with added dried fruits like bits of bananas, raisins etc.

Well, Kellogg's had to change the name to Froot Loops from Fruit Loops, because there's no fruit in them, just lots of sugar and artificial flavorings.

Ah well in that case they probably wouldn't meet the required Government criteria to be sold as a childrens cereal here anyway. My family don't eat breakfast cereal other than hot oatmeal occasionally and if we did I would never let them eat junk like that!

Great descriptions for sure on the scents.

As for the Fruit Loops...don't get too excited for the tasty childhood memories. My kids recently had them and the taste/texture is not the same as I remember from my youth. Now they are lower in sugar (still loaded) and have added fiber. YMMV.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing a little part of your day. Every time I splash on Captain BR my daughter thinks I smell like those mint candies ...lol. kids are honest.

Ok, it may not be a cream but since his sniffer seems on...

I am thinking we need to get a referees decision on Arko Stick!

Something tells me your kid can do better than Urinal Puck, Lemon Pledge(my sniffer), or Pez!! Please, oh please, let him sniff it!!!! Then we can have a once and for all descriptor.

Jay

Top Bottom