What's new

ouch

This brings up an important matter of best practices.

Do not throw razor blades in the trash unless they're in a secure, solid container. None of this wrapping in a few tissues. Don't fool around with this kinda stuff.

If you search around, you can find a couple of threads concerning how to make yourself a blade bank. There are also a few featured vendors who sell pre-made blade banks for ~$1 or so for this purpose. The other solution is to get a sharps disposal container from a pharmacy.

- Chris

I feel appropriately shamed. Wish there was a way one could recycle these things. If you can recycle aluminmum, why not stainless steel?

Jeff

After not being able to use my right hand to shave with for a few weeks, I was glad I had followed the advise of learning to shave with both hands, it made it a lot easier while I was healing. Hope you get better, and a BIG +1 on the aftershave comments: OUCH!

Note: An empty shaving cream jar (TOBS or whatever) will hold a couple of years worth of blades prior to disposing of them properly. You don't need holes in the top or anything, just unscrew it and drop it in.

Wish there was a way one could recycle these things. If you can recycle aluminmum, why not stainless steel?

It's possible, but just not practical in certain forms. To put things in perspective though, that can of soup you made for lunch probably has more steel (in weight) than a couple of years worth of blades. So make sure you recycle the soup can. :smile:

- Chris

Top Bottom