What's new

Old-school shaving meets old-school customer service... finally

Companies who deal in wet shaving products should do all they can to provide top notch service to their customers since wet shaving is essentially a niche industry.

For sake of argument lets assume a customer coverts from cartridge shaving products to traditional wet shaving products and is not an enthusiast. They would most likely choose one razor and one brush. The razor with minimal care can last a lifetime, so that item is a one time sale. The brush can last for decades if cared for so this item is also (to a lesser degree) a one time sale. The only consumables this type of shaver would need are shave cream/soap and blades. Shave cream/soap can last for many months so these types of sales are sporadic. Blades are an item that will be needed more frequently but most wet shavers find a blade they like and buy them in bulk.

Taking all this into account and figuring in the cost of running a business/overhead you simply cannot make a reasonable living by pissing off customers. Vendors need customers to want to buy from them again and poor customer service is a sure-fire way to guarantee a customer will not spend their dollars with you in the future.

Many years ago my Father sat me down and said the following to me. "Son, one day you will take over this business. Anyone can learn the ropes from the bottom up and become proficient in this trade but there is one thing which can make or break you and that is your customers. It can take a lifetime to gain a customer and one second to lose them forever"

Last edited:
Good service from The Superior Shave as well - he actually answers Facebook messages as well.

The Superior Shave has great products at a great price, high-res images of the actual piece you're buying, good communication and packaging was 5 stars.

I'll definitely be buying from Jarrod again.

Top Bottom