What's new

OK who snagged the Darwin?

That particular 2 piece style of Darwin is much more rarely seen than the three piece De-Luxe or Standard Darwins.

The photos in the Ebay listing showed the razor in 3 pieces, I am confused.

Also, why is the Darwin in the photo below described in this thread as being "adjustable". It just looks like a standard 3 piece razor to me. What am I missing?

attachment.php

The photos in the Ebay listing showed the razor in 3 pieces, I am confused.

Also, why is the Darwin in the photo below described in this thread as being "adjustable". It just looks like a standard 3 piece razor to me. What am I missing?

attachment.php

Normally this model looks like this when the cap is removed.

attachment.php

but the guard plate has come loose as seen below, should be restorable.

Attachments

• $DA04.jpg
    $DA04.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 61
Intrigued & Copierguy

Many thanks for clearing up my Darwin related confusion.

So in summary, the razor is missing a case & is also broken & yet still sold for £608. I better start visiting some antique shops & car boot sales!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Intrigued & Copierguy

So in summary, the razor is missing a case & is also broken & yet still sold for £608. I better start visiting some antique shops & car boot sales!

:lol:

I was working on my post when Copierguy posted so I didn't see at first that we had posted almost the exact same information. I deleted mine to save people from that odd feeling of déjà vu. :blink:

I'll add a couple of pictures from a small Darwin catalog that member Jake printed out for us.

$Darwin Catalog.jpg $Darwin Catalog 2.jpg

Intrigued & Copierguy

Here's another example of 3 piece razor that is adjustable too....I had one in mint condition and sold it for $700 dollars 5 years ago.

$scan0002.jpg

Intrigued & Copierguy

Accurate summary and good response plan. Lol

Top Bottom