What's new

Oh, The Shark Bites ...

I tried the Shark SC for the first time last night, in my HD. I was very impressed with how it handled my neck with less effort (and irritation) than I have needed with other blades I have tried. I want to use it a few more times before coming to any conclusions, but the initial results are positive.

I've been using a Shark SS in my DE89L for the last couple days and I've been pretty impressed - even did an ATG pass on my cheeks, which I've had trouble with using Derbys, and no issues.

'course, I was using a different soap, too (Proraso regular), so the blade isn't necessarily the only factor.

The Shark Super Chrome work really well for me. The only blade other than Dorco 301's that give a great close shave with no nicks or irritation. I have tried many other blades and these are the two that seem to work with my face, others that get good reviews on here such as Astra's and Derby's don't work for my face. So far I have used them in my 40's SS, Merkur HD, and Fat-handle Tech with great results.

I like the Sharks Super Chrome blades. They are fairly inexpesive and I find them perfect in lots of different razors, from single rings to fatboys. A Fatboy on 9 with a new blade is a bit too aggressive for me, but dial it in and they are great.

The Shark super chrome with my Feather portable razor performed nicely, though a tad more aggresive than some other blades thet I have used...

While not my favorite in the blade stable, they are certainly a capable choice. I wouldn't hesitate to use one or suggest it to others.

I have tried a shark blade and a bluebird blade in the same flare tip superspeed this morning. I wanted to see which was a better blade. I tried a couple strokes with each blade. The shark won hands down.

Top Bottom