What's new

OH MAN! The razor finding gods were with me today! WooooHoooo! PIC HEAVY

Hey all -

I am going to email them tomorrow for prices on the WHITE highlighted items. Anybody see anything else worth grabbing? I'm likely going to follow jbradley's advice and BST them - although I will likely keep one for posterity. No idea which - likely the one that catches my eye when I see them.

This is assuming their prices aren't high - which I don't think they will be after today's dealings.

Also - does anyone recognize the DE I highlighted in RED? I didn't grab it in my original order, but in retrospect the ball end looks quite unfamiliar to me... which now has me second-guessing passing it up :) I included a closeup

Appreciate everyone's help on this.

Cheers,

Ace

$bb1.jpg$bb2.jpg$whatisit.jpg

Ace, go after all the lather catchers is my advice. Assuming the prices are reasonable. The one with the silvery handle you didn't circle looks like an old Star. You might sell one of two of them to me!

Perhaps also the Valet Auto-Strop, since it looks to be a complete set with the strop and everything.

Last edited:
say ah. it looks like it still has the stropping attachment, but not the right handle to fit it into. Not a huge problem I guess.
+1 on getting the other as well.

Oh, sorry. no, the damaskeene... or what I thought was a damaskeene.
I am less sure than ever now, as it appears to me that it is probably a regular 1912 in a damaskeene case.

Last edited:
For the record I decided not to go after the other items. Another user on here pm'd me before anyone else mentioned the other gear on the table asking for the dealer's contact info for those very things.

I thought about grabbing the stuff myself, keeping some and selling or giving away the rest, but after sleeping on it I decided to give out the info to that b&b member and let a fellow collector go after the items.

I'm a DE lover at heart and I got my major score there. Best to leave the rest for others to go after.

If he chooses to throw his comments in here, perhaps he'll share what he did or did not grab and pass it on.

Thanks to Ace, I was able to procure a few lather catchers, the ones you see in the bottom right of the photo. I don't know exactly what they are due to some poor photos, but will be sure to snap some better ones when they arrive. Will let you know.

Thanks again.

For the record I decided not to go after the other items. Another user on here pm'd me before anyone else mentioned the other gear on the table asking for the dealer's contact info for those very things.

I thought about grabbing the stuff myself, keeping some and selling or giving away the rest, but after sleeping on it I decided to give out the info to that b&b member and let a fellow collector go after the items.

I'm a DE lover at heart and I got my major score there. Best to leave the rest for others to go after.

If he chooses to throw his comments in here, perhaps he'll share what he did or did not grab and pass it on.

+1. Good man. That Red Eclipse is wow!!!!!!!

If there's anything else on the table that looks good to anyone let me know and I'll PM you the contact info of the dealer.

I purchased the lather catchers and here they are:

Can anyone identify them?

Attachments

• $Image 21.jpg
    $Image 21.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 77
  • $Image 22.jpg
    $Image 22.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 77
  • $Image 26.jpg
    $Image 26.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 78
  • $Image 23.jpg
    $Image 23.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 77
  • $Image 24.jpg
    $Image 24.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 77
questions?
1) what are they?
2) can I shave with any of them using a SE blade
3) are these good replate candidates? and in what?

Thanks

Attachments

• $Image 25.jpg
    $Image 25.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I can't answer any of the questions, but they sure look nice. You'll have to update us with new pics after their bath. I bet they shine up nice.

questions?
1) what are they?
2) can I shave with any of them using a SE blade
3) are these good replate candidates? and in what?

Thanks
Thats a Eagle Improved Traveler set, it has its own blades (proprietary) Nickel head finish....

The other two can take a Gem SE blade, 1907 Gem Jr, and 1906 ER, If you like the shave then replate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom