What's new

October 2014 Acquisitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my razors have been delivered by The Shaving Fairy!

Now I am waiting for two vintage leather travel kits from eBay. One is a 4"x5" DE Razor kit. It has a mint no-name older open comb razor. I will probably wind up putting a Gillette slim adjustable in the kit. It comes with two very nice round chrome containers for a brush and for shaving cream; as well as a chrome DE razor blade box. The second kit is 6"x9" and will be used as a travel kit for my straight razor. It has a toothbrush tube, two rounded containers, and one rectangular container all in chrome plus a military hairbrush. Both kits come with mirrors.

I don't really travel a lot anymore, but I am a sucker for those chrome shaving containers. I kept seeing them in people's shave dens and thought they were beautiful. These containers are the first to be added to my collection. If nothing else, I may complete each set with good creams, etc, and a top razor and use them for pleasant weekend shaves.
:001_smile

oh boy oh boy oh boy! I'm waiting for a few razors (RAD anyone? I remember telling myself in "note to self" that I'm not a collector I'm a user - and yet....), stick of ARKO, a simpson "case" (gift to the pops), an item for the "GIVEAWAYGAME RD3", two TOBS creams, Omega brush..! woooooo!

Last edited:
My package was supposed to be delivered today after waiting for more than week for it to ground ship across the country from NYC with UPS, woke up today and saw that UPS damaged my package while it was out for delivery and they ARE SENDING IT BACK TO SENDER!!! So it cooked all the way across the country in the hot heat, now it gonna cook again on the way back, and cook a third time coming back to California again! Man im pissed right now.
SMN Toscano
SMN Eva
SMN Sicily
SMN Crema da barba
SMN Lavender a/s
SMN body lotion
SMN rose water
SMN orange blossom water
SMN mint and herb water

Last edited:
Pucks of Col. Conk Bay Rum and Almond, and one of these:

P.S. Used the Omega brush for the first time last night. Wonderfully soft for a boar, and plenty of backbone. It's a keeper!

Attachments

• $omegared.jpg
    $omegared.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I just ordered a Lord L6, Parker synthetic brush with blue handle, Omega 10066 in faux ivory, 50 Feathers and a tube of Arko regular.

My Dirty Bird scuttle arrived today -- hip hip hooray -- so now I'm just waiting for a GEM 1912 Junior. Looking forward to trying that bad boy. I'm also waiting for some Gillette yellow blades. Problem is I haven't ordered them yet.

I'm awaiting a Feather SS folding razor and a bunch of Kai and Feather blades. Had never tried a feather non sharpen razor before only straights until someone from B&B traded a feather RG for a antique snuffbox with me and I'm sold on the shaving capacity of this razor. Very few of my straights shave as well.

I think I'm just waiting on some blades.... got some Feathers, Personna labs and a pretty big sample pack coming my way (although hopefully the feathers and labs will live up to what everyone says about them then that sample pack becomes a bit moot).

Also ordered an ultrasonic cleaner, which isn't solely shaving related, but I was gonna give the fatboy and super adjustable I got from eBay a spin in it once it shows up.

Waiting on another Clog-Pruf. I have one, but this one was about to close with no bids on it and I hated the thought of it being left all alone.:crying: And I'm waiting on my first G-Bar.

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 31mm x 50mm in faux green onyx
Rudy Vey BK12 "RV12" (30mm TGN GradeA Silvertip x 54mm loft)
200g Cella (from BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom