cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Will a egg wash do......

$20161109_181659.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
:thumbup1:Very cool. Love the Bacon & Bacon label. :laugh:

There is bacon in it. It's a Bacon & egg pie with asparagus

Used pre made puff pastry sheets. The bacon was shoulder bacon. I gave the bacon a light fry before adding to the pie then lightly fried the asparagus in the same pan.

$20161109_170227.jpg

The eggs would normally go in whole but I lightly beat them with some cream, then poured over the other filling.
Place top on, crimp sides, piece a few vent holes in the top and give it a light brush of a egg wash. I used the remaining egg from the filling with a dash of milk. There was enough left in the bowl I beat them in.

You can get all arty-farty with the left over scraps of pastry and decorate the top before adding the egg wash if you so desire.
Note mine has a obvious join where I have used a couple of pieces to make the top. Ah she'll be right mate. It's not like the queens come in over.

$20161109_172324.jpg

Baked for 40 minutes at 200'C / 390'F until the top is golden brown.
It is can be eaten hot or cold.

View attachment 701881

$20161110_165229.jpg

$20161109_185248.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Do play Mike. I'm sure my simple pie will be outdone.

It may be outdone, but it looks real good to me.

Although with that crack in your pan...some stitches along that seam in the pie would have made it look more like a Frankenpie. That would be cool. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It may be outdone, but it looks real good to me.

Although with that crack in your pan...some stitches along that seam in the pie would have made it look more like a Frankenpie. That would be cool. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Thanks Mike. Sometimes it's the simple things that taste so good.

I like your Frankenpie with stitches and will be doing that next time I make one. :thumbup1:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
First thing to do is get the skillet prepped.

$IMG_0002.jpg

That pig just THOUGHT it was gonna get a bit rowdy. I know, I know...a Lodge bacon press in a Griswold skillet is sacrilege but hey, it's all good.

$IMG_0008.jpg

I think the skillet is about ready.

$IMG_0014.jpg

As Jackie Gleason used to say..."And Awaaay We Go!"

$IMG_0018.jpg

Breakfast is ready. Toast with some wild plum jam makes for a lovely garnish.

$IMG_0022.jpg

Guys, that all looks great. I'm going camping later for an overnight at the beach. Full moon over the water is going to be nice. I'm going to wait for my main entry til next weekend, but for breakfast I made this:

$IMG_20161112_094529085_HDR.jpg

Cooked the sausage with a thin coating of lard to "ready the pan", then gave a little sherry deglaze, and on with the eggs. Served with apples, and I'll be strong til fish on the barbie later. Eggstract the joy from your weekends, gentlemen.

Top Bottom