What's new

Notes you love to smell, but hate to smell of.

Lets stick to traditional fragrance/perfume/cologne notes. Personally, I love the smell of lavender. I enjoy it as a home fragrances (SO diffuses it), but I cannot stand to smell of it on my person. I don't know what it is, but I become extremely aware of the fact that I am wearing it.

Reason for this post is because today I am sampling a lavender fragrance by Maria Candida Gentile called "Luberon". Everything about this fragrance is well done. It's classical in structure, uses the finest raw materials and the sillage and projection is perfect. I honestly cannot fault this fragrance. On paper or textile it smells great. Yet I could never wear it. UGH!!!

What note(s) do you hate to love?

I love lavender to and of.

I am not fond of wearing most gourmands, especially coffee, chocolate, strawberry. (Real scent vanilla is fine. It does not smell like vanilla extract to me. Anise is great in the right formulation. Lolita Lempicka is right on the edge for me. I love the way it smells. I do not very often want to smell like it. Sometimes, though.) Not sure whether most gourmands count as "traditional." Laura Biagiotti Roma, to me, has gourmand notes, though, and I would make an exception for it. I cannot seem to stop wearing it!

A perfect example of something that smells absolutely wonderfully to me--transportive, really--that I do not want to wear myself, and I have tried, would be Slumberhouse Pear and Olive. Slumberhouse in general is that way to me. Genius stuff. Goes right to my brain stem, but I do not want to wear it.

Although I do not make many distinctions between masculine and feminine scents, some I love on my wife, but do not want to wear myself. My all time favorite for my wife is IA L’Orchidée Terrible, in any of its versions, but I would never wear it myself. Genius stuff, for sure. Anything "Mimosa," such as C&S, is not something I wear, but which I find intoxicating on my wife!

I guess I also love rose, but it has to be a very dirty rose for me to want to wear it. This may be a more recent development. I have come to really love 88. I would not wear Pen's Elisabethan (sp?) Rose--probably never would have--but I love the smell. I used to like C&S Dark Rose, but I do not think I want to wear it now. I sure would not want to wear the regular C&S Rose. I used to like the idea of GFT Skin Food as a wearable scent. Not so much now, for some reason.

This is just me though. I do not consider someone else wearing any of these scents to be unmasculine or anything.

I am certainly not opposed to wearing florals in general. I like lilac vegetable.

I absolutely love the scents of rose, vanilla, lilacs and pine. When coming from a rose, vanilla bean, lilac bush and a pine tree.

I absolutely love the scents of rose, vanilla, lilacs and pine. When coming from a rose, vanilla bean, lilac bush and a pine tree.

Oh yes. Pine!!! Love the smell, particularly around christmas time mixed in with the smell of apple cider and orange spice.

Wear it though? No thanks. However, I do appreciate some of those post-war italian [pine] fragrances.

Top Bottom