What's new

Nib Acquisitions April 2012

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The beaver I have dries pretty darn quick. If I rub it instantly after writing it smears almost un-noticeably.

Yesterday was a banner day for me. When I got in to work (where I get my packages), I had a Noodler's Konrad Jade Ebonite piston filler and a Bottle of Henry Hudson Blue on my desk from Fountain Pen Hospital. They were the first to get the Konrads, and they may still have some available on Monday for anybody who wants to call. The ebonite pens are $40 and the non-ebonite models are $24. I filled the Konrad with the Hudson. They're an excellent pairing.

In the mail yesterday, I got a package from Fountain Pen Revolution. It contained the Camlin 47 blue, Serwex 368 grey, and Serwex 968 I ordered plus a free Serwex 168. These are all Indian pens and all piston fillers. The best of the lot is likely the Camlin, but I have a real soft spot for the Serwex pens. They are exceptionally good pens for the money. The bonus is that they all wrote well right out of the box. Sometimes with the Serwex pens in particular, you have to get rid of some manufacturing residue before they write well. I got lucky and didn't get a single one that needed that treatment in the batch!

TWSBI 540 (clear) in medium and Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher on the way to use for and commemorate signing of first mortgage papers (yikes...) with my wife in a little over a week's time. Pretty excited! I also ordered some paper because I promised her I would improve my tragically bad handwriting and write her at least one note per week! Everything should be here Monday.

She will probably be using my Pelikan M200 B with the same ink.

Another Parker vac (1945) and a case. $parker vac `45.jpg $pen caase.jpg$pen case +.jpg

The mail man just dropped this off. I have wanted a 51 Flighter since the first time I saw BrianW post a picture of his. Before I started in with fountain pens, the Stainless Steel Parker Jotter was my everyday pen, hence the love for the Flighter.
The outside looks beautiful, hope it is ok under the hood. It is soaking in some warm water as I type. I have to also find lead for the pencil, I have .05 from my Lamy 2000 pencil, so will try that first.

Pics:

Attachments

• $51_1.JPG
    $51_1.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 52
  • $51_2.JPG
    $51_2.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 51
Apply Green Lamy Safari from Thewritingdesk and a Deccan Ambassador from fountainpenrevolution. Oh.. as usual with fountainpenrevolution Ken added a free pen. It is a Serwex special 101 eye dropper.

Can't wait to get home to ink them up.

This came yesterday, but I guess it was my turn to be sick in bed so could not post pics.
Didn't get a chance to do anything with the Flighter yet either. It has been soaking since Wednesday morning when it came, with periodic water changes.

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque with Rhodium Accents Medium Nib. Thanks again to Bob, the enabler for this pen, for loaning me his!

Attachments

• $Vanishing Point.JPG
    $Vanishing Point.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom