What's new

Nib Acquisitions April 2012

just pulled the trigger on a VP in Medium point, canary yellow

$Untitled picture.jpg

Scored two bottles of homemade iron-gall ink from a FPN member. Finally loaded it into a pen this evening and it is a very nice I-G.

got a stealth vanishing point, fine nib. already had a 90s vanishing point, medium nib. the older pen is much slimmer. the fine nib is very fine and causes me to write much smaller.

pen came with two bottles noodlers. the beaver color seems to take longer to dry than most of my inks. anyone else notice this?

Picked this up today at a local antique store that always seems to be closed. It's taken me two years to get in there! Anyway, it appears to never have been used to my eye. No ink staining in the sac or nib and the filler is unbroken. The barrel is discolored a tad compared to the section, but not nearly as bad in regular light as the pics suggest. Cap is flawless as is the pencil. I've never seen one of these in the wild before. This may be my sumgai purchase of the spring for pens.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Picked this up today at a local antique store that always seems to be closed. It's taken me two years to get in there! Anyway, it appears to never have been used to my eye. No ink staining in the sac or nib and the filler is unbroken. The barrel is discolored a tad compared to the section, but not nearly as bad in regular light as the pics suggest. Cap is flawless as is the pencil. I've never seen one of these in the wild before. This may be my sumgai purchase of the spring for pens.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Does that nib wrap around like the Triumph nib does?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Is there a little tool for adjusting the nib position as sometimes found with the 75? Could be hiding in the lower part of the box.

Nib #65 is a fine point BTW. Congrats on the find!

Is there a little tool for adjusting the nib position as sometimes found with the 75? Could be hiding in the lower part of the box.

Nib #65 is a fine point BTW. Congrats on the find!

Nope. The tool was missing as well as the instructions, unfortunately.

Seems I was getting a little low on "51"'s so..... Just got these yesterday

1. "61" Flighter. Capillary was totally clogged. Overnight soak and 15 flushes, good as new. 25.00
2. 1948 4th Quarter Slender, Perfect Condition..... Came with a Jotter. 39.75 for both with shipping
3 1948 4th Quarter Also fantastic condition. Collector was clogged, but about 10 flushings, it's good to go. Was bought with #4
4 1947 4th Quarter Demi. Hood has some gouges, but guess what I have a hood for it. Vacumatic seems to function great. 57.00 for #3 and 4 no shipping charge.

All in all some great finds.

$HPIM1189.jpg$HPIM1190.jpg

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Seems I was getting a little low on "51"'s so..... Just got these yesterday

1. "61" Flighter. Capillary was totally clogged. Overnight soak and 15 flushes, good as new. 25.00
2. 1948 4th Quarter Slender, Perfect Condition..... Came with a Jotter. 39.75 for both with shipping
3 1948 4th Quarter Also fantastic condition. Collector was clogged, but about 10 flushings, it's good to go. Was bought with #4
4 1947 4th Quarter Demi. Hood has some gouges, but guess what I have a hood for it. Vacumatic seems to function great. 57.00 for #3 and 4 no shipping charge.

All in all some great finds.

You need some early double-jewel "51" pens me thinks. They made millions of those lustraloy aeros. :sleep12:

Oh yeah, nice scores!

I found a few pens in a box at the back of a drawer last week:

Green Sheaffer Snorkel:

Black, Lever fill Sheaffer with Triumph Nib and silver cap. It looks to have been well loved:

Blue Parker 21 with silver cap, has some stuff stuck to the body of the pen that can be scraped off with a fingernail:

No Name Sheaffer, with Fine nib:

All have some sentimental value, and I'm considering sending all but the last Sheaffer to be refurbished. Of course, I don't even know what the last Sheaffer is! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pens!!! That last Sheaffer is a cartridge "school" pen. I believe the conical end ones were made from the late 60's to the mid 70's. Someone may correct me on that. I have 4-5 different era school pens and they all write very,very well.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice! Now there's a real "Man's Pen" for you.

It's a PFM Snorkel! Sheaffer's Pen For Men.

All the pens are great, super score from the family's desk. I'm excited for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
All I did was plunk down some Paypal for the 2012 LE Edison ...

Top Bottom