What's new

***NEW*** Proraso Red with Sandalwood Oil and Shea Butter

I have been using the Proraso Red for a month now and I love it! The only other creams I can compare it to are Godrej Menthol Mist (blue tube) and Nivea mild, but I find the Proraso red the best of all three, the Godrej being a very close second. Caveat - I use a Tweezerman badger brush so the outcome may be different with a better brush. However, I LOVE the smell of the Proraso Red Sandalwood cream. The sandalwood smell in this cream is the real deal - I know this because I'm from the southern part of India and there was always sandalwood (the actual wood) in my home when I was growing up. The smell of Proraso Sandwalwood cream smells exactly like how the actual sandalwood would smell; and it is for that reason that I love this cream, in addition to its excellent lathering capabilities.

Also, I have raw shea butter in my home these days (to prepare my own DIY body butter). Shea butter in its raw form smells very nutty & woody and can be too strong for many! The smell of shea butter in the Proraso cream is very, very mild if not absent. The woody smell in the Proraso red is more sandalwoody and less shea woody.

All in all, it's a wonderful cream and the packaging of the cream adds to its allure, reminding one of the old world in style!

Top Bottom