What's new

New member, lurker for many years

Hi all!

I haven't joined a forum in a long time since Reddit became a big thing, but I feel like the information is more current here, and the members all seem cool, so I decided to create an account. I don't grow a lot of facial hair quickly, so I've used the same Proraso soap for the last 5 years, and have only gone through about 20 blades in the same amount of time.

My starter DE Edwin Jagger threads just got stripped, so I'm looking around for a replacement, and I'm about finished with the soap finally. Looking forward to hyperfixating through the tons of posts on both here for research!

lasta

Blade Biter
Welcome!

I signed up an account in 2014, but didn't post anything until 2-3 years ago. Believe me, when you start engaging, "hyper-fixation" only gets worse!

Muhle Rocca or Edwin Jagger 3one6 would be a logical replacement.

Everyone needs a Gillette Tech. Its the perfect starting (end end) point.

Welcome!

I signed up an account in 2014, but didn't post anything until 2-3 years ago. Believe me, when you start engaging, "hyper-fixation" only gets worse!

Muhle Rocca or Edwin Jagger 3one6 would be a logical replacement.

Everyone needs a Gillette Tech. Its the perfect starting (end end) point.

I kind of wish I did sign up for an account if only to bookmark posts better. And yes, I just got several sample pucks from Stirling and one of their Kong Synth brush, am excited to see how much better it performs over my starter Edwin Jagger brush!

I'll have to take a look at your razor recommendations, thank you for them!

Welcome aboard! I beat you by a day.😉

@lasta is preaching the truth about the Gillette Tech. If you've ever considered a vintage razor, it's a great place to start and easy to find at your local antique store and/or auction site of choice. Be aware that acquisition of one vintage razor can (and likely will) lead to others!😁
I already spend too much time looking for other stuff at antique stores, I hate to add another thing to my list to keep an eye out for, but I guess since I'm already there...what's one more thing to hunt for. :lol:

Welcome aboard!!

Regarding your EJ, I have an EJ DE 89 myself. One of my first razors, along with a Merkur 23C. The EJ is beginning to lose some of the finish on the cap, and there is no issues with the Merkur. Seems (IMHO) the Germans do a better job, than the English, in the razor category.

Last edited:
Top Bottom