What's new

New Feather All Stainless Safety Razor

Looks like an upmarket Tech clone for try hards that have too much disposable income. Get a proper razor,such as a Gem1912 and enjoy the results.:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Yes! I got confirmation that it shipped today, too, so it should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I am very interested to see how it stacks up against the DE89L and the Pils. I got in a second shave with the Pils last night and managed to improve the results. It is close to what I get from the DE89L and Fatboy (the two razors I have the most experience with), but I have high hopes for it over the next few weeks.

Cool, can't wait to see how it compares to the DE89L which I own and like but find it a mild, comfort shaver compared to my open comb razors.

I guess the poor man's utilitarian version would be a Feather Portable head with a custom heavier handle.

But if you're buying the real thing and you are not happy with it, PM me and I'm interested in taking it off your hands. So here, now you can go buy it in peace knowing there's at least one willing buyer on the second hand market :w00t:

R

rainman

I prefer long heavy handled razors with adjustability for safety bar types or open comb varieties. This would be the last razor on my wish list even if price was not a factor which it is.

Does anyone know an online retailer selling the full Japanese version with stand and packaging?

I'm looking to spoil myself!

Well, no responses from anyone on where I can buy the full Japanese version so I've pushed the button on the Yank version.

Will post review once received and tested.

The stainless steel material is a great plus. Unfortunately, the razor seems to lack any comb to allow lather through or to stretch the skin slightly. This adds up to a big no sale for me, especially considering its relatively high price tag.

It will be interesting to see what people think of this razor. As mentioned, it costs a lot more here in Japan....strange.

It will be interesting to see what people think of this razor. As mentioned, it costs a lot more here in Japan....strange.
Many things are more expensive in Japan than in North America. DVD and Blu Ray movies are more expensive. The price that something is charged isn't about cost plus a percentage but what the local market will support. Many Japanese people do not buy homes or live in small places, which leaves them with more disposable income to purchase toys.

I just received mine - thanks to Bullgoose for getting three of them in for me and two friends here in Sydney!

Looks absolutely top-notch and feels great in the hand.

Now to see how it shaves... stay tuned for a further installment tomorrow!

So it sounds like it shaves similar to a Tech. That's a shame. Stainless steel and a sexy beast it may be, but I think I'll pass, as I prefer aggressive shavers.

At least this thread made me buy a Feather Portable. I gotta say, the finish on the top plate leaves a lot to be desired, it looks like it has been used, though it's new. Many imperfections in the plating. I guess it's the difference between speding $10 and spending $150. I'll put a Merkur 1904 handle or fat handle from a Tech on it and see how it does vs. a real Tech.

So it sounds like it shaves similar to a Tech. That's a shame. Stainless steel and a sexy beast it may be, but I think I'll pass, as I prefer aggressive shavers.

I'll wait for some reviews to come in. 165 is a fair amount to burn without some research behind it. I could get a very nice brush for less. Two even.

Feather does what they do well - so I'm optimistic - but not blindly so.

I received mine yesterday and plan to try it out tonight. I completely agree with the S101 review in terms of its design and quality. This razor oozes high class and craftsmanship and at about 90g, it can safely be called beefy.

The reviewer characterized it as mild but I'm hoping this will prove to mean efficient. We'll see!

I received mine yesterday and plan to try it out tonight. I completely agree with the S101 review in terms of its design and quality. This razor oozes high class and craftsmanship and at about 90g, it can safely be called beefy.

The reviewer characterized it as mild but I'm hoping this will prove to mean efficient. We'll see!

I've shaved with it three times now total, enough to get a good feel and write that review.

I think this razor is perfection in craftsman ship and it very well should be given the price tag. What it's ultimately worth to you is going to vary from one person to the next. I'm very happy with it.

I've shaved with it three times now total, enough to get a good feel and write that review.

I think this razor is perfection in craftsman ship and it very well should be given the price tag. What it's ultimately worth to you is going to vary from one person to the next. I'm very happy with it.

Glad to read you're happy with it!

Are you planning on posting a full review in the reviews section? I'd be interested in reading how it compares to other razors you have tried.

Which blades did you try it with?

Mike - considering we've met a few times, I think you deserve better than "reviewer"! Sorry for not noticing you authored the review on your site. :blushing: I shaved with my Feather for the first time earlier today and agree with you. So far, I'm really impressed.

The first few strokes were so smooth, I thought it might be one of the dreaded "mild" razor that requires extra work to mow down heavier beards. But as I continued, my two days of growth was slicing off with ease and with no irritation. Ah, but how about closeness? No problem. I got a DFS with two passes (WTG + XTG) and only a little touch-up. The best words to describe its performance are smooth and foolproof. You know how cartridges are generally safe and care free (never mind their shave quality)? That's what I got from the Feather. I could shave without any fear of an unexpected bite. But unlike say Super Speeds and Techs, I didn't have to work as hard to achieve the same results. I attribute some of this to its head design but its weight makes a big contribution as well. At 90g, it's not a lightweight!

I could wake up tomorrow and draw a different impression, but so far this is a fine shaver and worth the investment.

Top Bottom