What's new

NEW CLUB - Vintage Gillette Razor Fan Club “VGRFC”

Thanks, I found all three Fatboys (separately) before I found any other Gillette. Actually I bought the third (E-1) Fatboy along with the Post War Ball End Tech, and a Gem Bullet Tip, but the Fatboy was the first one I spotted. Luckily the $15 I had in my pocket bought all three.

Got started with an old rusted SS, and then found a minty Travel Tech. THEN... found a prewar triangle slot gold ball end in an antique shop locally. Been using all 3.
My first gut reaction was to buy an expensive stainless Feather, but am beginning to realize they are just a modern version of the Gillette Tech, IMHO...
Sign me up.
;)

Here's my stable:

Super Adjustable (2)
Tech
Travel Tech
Super Speed Flair Tip
Fat Boy

My first DE was a Super Adjustable, which I've had since 1975, was found on the edge of a sink of the John F. Kennedy (CV 67). Finder's Keepers, followed closely by the Super Speed. My most recent Gillette was the Fat Boy.

I'll pick up a Slim and then I'm done :)

Here's my stable:

Super Adjustable (2)
Tech
Travel Tech
Super Speed Flair Tip
Fat Boy

My first DE was a Super Adjustable, which I've had since 1975, was found on the edge of a sink of the John F. Kennedy (CV 67). Finder's Keepers, followed closely by the Super Speed. My most recent Gillette was the Fat Boy.

I'll pick up a Slim and then I'm done :)
Yup...a Slim will round out your collection nicely. I have a Slim and it is a great razor...one of my favourites. Welcome.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait until Fat Boy Friday to use my newest acquisition, a G-2 Fatboy. Paired with a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum, all I can say is the razor lives up to the hype. At setting 2 I got a close, comfortable shave in 1 3/4 passes. Missed a spot or two because of my unfamiliarity with the razor, but I'm sure I will get it dialed in quickly. Love the feel of it in my hand--the thickness of the handle and the overall heft and balance. Looks great too. The fit and finish is superb. I had a little trepidation paying as much as I did for a razor, but not now.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait until Fat Boy Friday to use my newest acquisition, a G-2 Fatboy. Paired with a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum, all I can say is the razor lives up to the hype. At setting 2 I got a close, comfortable shave in 1 3/4 passes. Misses a spot or two because of my unfamiliarity with the razor, but I'm sure I will get it dialed in quickly. Love the feel of it in my hand--the thickness of the handle and the overall heft and balance. Looks great too. The fit and finish is superb. I had a little trepidation paying as much as I did for a razor, but not now.

Sounds like you made a good investment. Can't go wrong with a Fat Boy in your collection.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442032243.289147.jpgMy vintage Gillette collection including my travel kit.

Picked up two vintage Gillettes at an antique shop to add to my collection... A Red Tip and a Slim. Both in very good condition. They cleaned up nicely.
$new razors.jpg

Nothing too special, just a couple of users and cruisers in the rotation. I'm in if ya'll will have me. :thumbsup:

$vintage.jpg

Picked up 2 Super-Speeds from a friend at work who is slowly selling off his collection...the one on the left is Made in England...a 1949 Aristocrat Jr. The one on the right is made in USA...a 1950 Super-Speed. I hope I have identified them correctly...I cross-checked with Mr. Razor. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Both cleaned up well.

$Superspeeds.jpg

Haunting the local flea markets turned up this crisp Milord this past week.
Couldn't believe my eyes, and a whopping $5 price tag. I didn't even try to haggle.

~

Top Bottom